Chapter 24

Byrd

The triplets were beyond perfection, I couldn't be any more happier for my sister-in-law. Today I had gone down to the healers, I hit the two month mark in my pregnancy and I still haven't told anyone.

Raidyn comes back home from a short battle and I meet him the foyer. I rush into his arms kissing him deeply. "I missed you."

"I've missed you too." He pulls back and smiles.

"You're not hurt?" I analyze him.

"Just an arrow to the arm, nothing serious." He dismisses.

"Good." I breathe out. "I've been helping Raven take care of the triplets for the past few days. I'm exhausted, not to mention Hollis has a new tooth coming in and Riesner is just...misbehaving."

Astrid comes down with the twins to greet Finn, she hugs him and then makes her way over to Raidyn and I. "Glad to see you both made it home okay?" Astrid smiles looking at Raidyn and Finn both.

"Have you two got to talking?" Raidyn asks Astrid and politely keeps a closed-lip smile.

"Yeah. Byrd and I spent most of the nights you two have been away talking. She told me you two have news for me?" Astrid responds.

"Shit, you know Bren and Flora know. I told them." Raidyn whispers over to me.

"You told them?" She frowns.

"That your pregnant?" Astrid smirks.

"Yes, they would stress you out otherwise." Raidyn nods and continues to face me.

"You know?" I look at Astrid.

"My visions. I've seen...it." She continues to have the smug look on her face.

"No sex reveal this time?" Raidyn pouts.

"Would you like it?" Astrid offers.

I look over excitedly at Raidyn. "Can we?"

Raidyn thinks about it. "We have never had one that's a surprise."

"Yeah but...it's killing me not to know!" I pout. "You really want to wait nine months?"

"Eight and half." Astrid smiles.

"Wow, she's pregnant for a little while longer this time." Raidyn remarks.

I look up at Raidyn to smile widely. "That means everything is going to be okay."

"There are many possibilities." Astrid cuts in.

"But...everything is going to be fine?" He rubs at his forehead. "The baby will be healthy?"

"Yes, if everything stays on track. The only thing certain is the gender."

"Will I be around for the birth?" He scratches at his chin.

"No." Astrid frowns.

"No. No, he has to be. I can't be alone for this." I panic.

"That can change. We will change it. I will kill your father tonight if I have to."

"I do not see this future changing. Bad things are to come." Astrid prophesies.

"Astrid, that doesn't help." Raidyn groans.

"It is a warning and you both need to prepare." She sighs.

I grab Raidyn's hand squeezing it. "I don't understand."

"You will be apart, not by choice, but it will be a journey to get back to each other." Astrid admits.