Chapter 42

Byrd

Alon and Donovan's proposal was magnificence, what was even more magnificent was how Raidyn and I made love all night long. Being back with him feels nothing short of a dream. He's so perfect, so handsome, powerful, mine, all mine. Gods, I can't believe he is actually mine.

"Wait, I want to showcase my new little nightgown." I whisper to him as I climb off and head to my wardrobe.

"I prefer you with nothing on, but sure."

"Be quiet." I dismiss him. "Close your eyes!"

"They're closed! It's not my fault my eyelids glow too." He laughs.

I roll my eyes as I put on my nightgown and quickly brush my long hair. I slowly walk over to him. The nightgown is white and completely sheer-see through and there is nothing underneath. It hugs my body in places that are very, very flattering to my figure.

"Open them." I smirk feeling a boost of confidence.

"Take it off." He practically begs as he crawls to the edge of the bed.

"You're going to have to rip it off of me." I wag my finger in front of him.

"I would, but you look so gods damn hot and it's a sight I want to be able to experience again."

I give him a slow twirl showing him my backside. "Oh really?" I taunt.

"Byrd, I'm drooling." He wipes the corners of his mouth with the back of his palm.

I grab the bottom of my nightgown and lift it up halfway and then stop pulling it back down smirking. "I want to see you beg for it."

He smirks, "Oh, really?" There was something dangerous in his tone of voice, a hint of excitement, but too much.

"Really." I lean in close brushing my lips against his ear and then pulling back.

"Enough!" He growls with nothing soft in his tone, and roughly takes me into his arms. "Don't you know better than to play with a king?"

"No, I don't." I lean back from him toying some more. "I'm not use to having king's being the baker's daughter and all."

"You're much too beautiful for that life." He trails his eyes up and down me.

"Really?" I look deep into his eyes and then down at my nightgown where my breasts are going to burst out of this nightgown. I guess I made it too tight in the top.

He shakes his head slowly. "Byrd, would you still like me to beg? It doesn't take much. I begged for you every night you were away from me."

"Show me how much you want me." I crawl past him and lay down in the middle of the bed crossing my refreshingly shaved and lotioned legs.

"I thought that I always do?" He says confused. "But if I really must refresh your bad memory...." He moves to the bottom of the bed and sets himself between my legs. "I mean, you can just look down and see how much I want you, but you seem to be convinced that you need a demonstration."

I put my foot on his chest to stop him and I stand on my knees and crawl to him sliding my hands down his chest and stopping under his naval. "The most powerful man is in my bed."

"The love of my life is in my bed, I think that I've got you beat." He winks at me playfully.

I kiss his heart and then take off the nightgown completely. I lay down on my stomach and move my hair out of the wave to expose my back. "I think my back wants some attention this time."

"Massage or kisses... or a mixture?"

"Mmm, a mixture." I close my eyes and anticipate him.

He uses his hands to massage along my spine and shoulder blades, giving special attention to my knots. He stops to lean in and apply pressure certain places and kisses others. I let out a small moan and I have to bite my arm to stay quiet. I let him do this for a few more minutes until I am now begging for him. "Take me."