Chapter 80

Byrd

I hear shrieking, my name being called. My eyes flutter open I'm in pain--I'm in a world of pain. Creylia, the Water Queen is dead at the hands of my husband. My children are safe, my husband is safe, I am safe. I didn't understand all that Creylia was saying to me, my childhood memories I don't remember anything about her. I grab the side of my head to feel the missing chunks of hair. I try not to cry as I look around the room that is spinning.

"What's going on?" I say groggily. "Raidyn?" I call to him as loudly as I can.

"Byrd." Raidyn comes rushing in with a noticeable bruise on his neck.

I don't have to wander about the bruise too much and where he got it from because the answers comes storming in behind him. "Byrd! Thank gods you're finally awake! I've been dying to talk to you!"

"Y-you were worried about me?" I say with hope laced in my voice.

"I was! I am! I-I have so much I need you for. Are you alright? What happened?! Tell me." Romina rushes to grab my hand.

"I wasn't strong enough this time. She had height and weight over me and I couldn't break free." I close my eyes. "My head is spinning, my body hurts, and I lost half of my hair." I open them to look at Raidyn blinking away a tear.

"Hey, don't say that- you put up all the fight you could." Raidyn says softly, frowning at me with that beautiful face of his.

"If you hadn't of been there she would've killed me." I can't even bring myself to look at him again as I face Romina. "I can't believe you came here to check on me." I squeeze her hand. "Or...did you just come here to suck on my husband's neck?" I let go.

Romina blushes as if she was caught. She gulps, "I needed to do that because....I did. Nothing happened."

"Sure," I close my eyes once more. "Why are you here?"

"I-I need you."

"Why?"

"I need to speak with you." She emphasizes and glances over in the direction of Raidyn and back at me.

"About yourself? Is that why you came down here? Romina, I'm hurt. I don't have time for this." I feel like I'm on the verge of consciousness.

"Because she's pregnant." Raidyn smirks. "Payback for putting my wife." He whispers to Romina.

"You're pregnant?" I can hardly keep my eyes open even though I wanted to make them wide from shock. "How?"

"Sex." Romina says quickly.

I force myself to stay awake. "With who? If you say my husband I'll kill you."

"If she says your husband I'll kill myself. I haven't slept with her in years." Raidyn mutters.

"Shut up." Romina snaps at Raidyn. "I'm pregnant with Jax's baby. They won't let me have a tonic because it's been a week."

"Jax." I breathe out and crinkle my nose. "Oh Romina..." I say before shutting my eyes once more. "D-did you get tested?"

"Yes! Please, please just let them give it to me."

"They can't. You're next option would be...abortion." The word is bitter on my lips.

"How do I go through with that?" She whispers. "Byrd, do you need anything? Byrd?" She must be waving a hand over my face.

"I...I can't keep my eyes open." I shake my head.

"She needs rest, Rommi." Raidyn growls. "I told you that."

I reach out for him as best I can. "Lay with me. Please. I'm so out of it I don't know if we actually survived the battle...let me have this dream in case one of us didn't."