Chapter 59

Raidyn

My heart was crushed when I woke up to find Byrd in tears on the floor. I was even more crushed inside when she told me what she had to witness. I would've woken up if it was any other gods damn day, but I was still off from my first ever experience with the calming tonic. Romina didn't assault me, not exactly, or at least I wasn't going to see it as such. She'd be toying with me for days now and it was all some sort of test. I was trying to stay a step ahead of her, but I always ended up a step behind. I felt so gods damn guilty for it, for all of it. Romina is my fault. She's here because of me. We are being tormented because of me and I really needed to put an end to it all.

We all headed back into the castle after saying our goodbyes with my grandmother, the look she exchanged with Romina upon our departure was unsettling to me. My grandmother is so cryptic that I didn't even bother to ask, I knew I wouldn't get a straight answer about that just like I wouldn't when I asked both of them where they had gone the other day.

Alana and Belaria handle the boys while Byrd keeps Dela in her arms. "I love you." I kiss Byrd's forehead before we part in the foyer. She knows I need to do this alone to get the information I want out of Romina.

"I love you more." She breathes out.

"I'll let you know how it goes." I weakly smile at her.

Romina impatiently taps her foot from behind me. "I'm done playing prisoner so if you could just let me be on my way."

"No, you're not going anywhere, you have no idea what I've got planned for you." I stare her down. I'm furious at her so much so this is the first thing I've said to her since yesterday morning when she...got to me. A chill casts down my spine causing me to shake it off. My body has betrayed me yet again, it always does when it comes to her.

"It better be a good plan." Romina brushing her hand against my leg smirks.

"You'll love it." I purr back to her. Deception, easily I could deceive her if I was really what she wanted. It wasn't as if she wasn't working some sort of deception on me right now. I grab her wrist and dig my fingers in. "Come on."

"I like where this is going." She raises her eyebrows.

"Byrd finally gave me the green light." I breathe as I drag her toward the dungeon's direction.

Romina noticeably becomes more giddy. "What?"

"I'm going to fuck your brains out, Rommi." I growl, something I've said at least a thousand times before.

"Oh my gods." She shivers. "I'm so ready for you." She breathes out.

"You always were." I croon and tug her down the stairs. I stop midway through to push her against the way and close the space between us. "Do you think it was kind to fool me? To tease me when I was conscious? To get me hard when I was asleep?"

"Oh but you were so hard and ready and I could've easily had you slip inside me as I rode astride you...as your poor wife watched." Romina croons.

My heart was beating hard as I had just allowed a flash of my inner anger to reveal itself. "Well, lucky for the both of us, I'm very much awake now and she won't be watching." I growl.

"Oh gods, I want you inside of me." She reaches out for my groin.

I grab her wrist, breathing heavier as I'm steaming. "Not so fast, the build up is the best part. We aren't even in the dungeon yet." I lean in so my breath and heat are surrounding her, my energy thrumming and charging the air.

"Let me touch you already." She growls reaching for me again.

"No!" I snap and pull her further down to the bottom of the stairs. "I hope you're not afraid of the dark." I croon, taunting her.