Chapter 22

Byrd

It has been two weeks since Raidyn and I had our first fight. We've been giving each other time to think and be alone. I haven't spent anytime with Leona and if I needed help with my back and hand I went to Duck. I've been writing to Astrid and visiting Flora and Raven a lot. Raven just hit the nine month mark so we're all getting anxious to meet the triplets.

I head into the nursery where Raidyn is. "Good morning." I say as I make my way toward Ries to hold him.

"Good morning." Raidyn says in a more reserved manner. He hasn't exactly been talkative lately.

"Are you seeing your sister today?" I ask him as I set Ries on the ground to play with his toy boats with him.

"I already did, but she kicked me out. She doesn't want to see a single male figure anywhere around her. She wants those babies out of her. My grandmother is there with her now since she booted out Cal too." He nods focusing on changing Hollis's diaper.

"She must be really irritated being that big." I comment as Ries smashes his boat into mine.

"She couldn't walk even if she wanted to anymore."

"They'll be out any day now and then she'll have her body to herself again. It's nice to see how supportive Cal is."

"Yeah. They couldn't be any more in love, with Raven's feelings today aside of course. I'm happy for them both."

"I am happy for them both as well." I still haven't looked at him.

Raidyn doesn't say anything in response, but I could bet that he's nodding.

I let out a deep exhale. "Are we going to talk about this?"

"What would you like to talk about?" Raidyn sits down and bounces Hollis on his knee.

"That fact this is the most we've talked in two weeks." I respond finally looking up at him. He's so damn handsome he makes me forget every single thought in my head. I notice his previously short hair is finally growing back.

"We don't have to. We can if you want to though." Hollis is giggling now as Raidyn shifts his knees and the baby swings from one side to the other.

"We don't have to." I chuckle. "If we don't talk about this then what...is this what the rest of our marriage is going to be like? Ignoring each other?"

"No. I don't think we do that now."

"Okay, maybe we're not ignoring each other, but we are both very short when we talk and we don't touch each other, or have meaningful conversations that aren't about the kids."

"What would you like to talk about?" He repeats finally looking over at me from the corner of his eyes.

"I don't know, maybe the fact that you still think I cheated on you." I frown.

"Can we talk calmly about this? I don't want the boys to start crying. Honestly, I don't want you know what you did or didn't do."

"I didn't cheat on you." I say calmly. "I don't understand, these past two weeks you've just gotten over it? Are you done with me?"

"No, but I am done with whatever that situation was. I am a busy man, a king, and have moved my focus to other areas of my life. It's been two weeks and I am just pushing out of my mind whatever went down. I feel more ashamed than anything and I don't want to talk about or rehash this fight."

I never touched Leona. Never kissed her or touched her outside the threesome. Yes, I admit I was spending a suspicious amount of time with her but I never cheated on Raidyn.