Chapter 21

Raidyn

Ever since Flora found out about her pregnancy, for a pretty decent portion of the time she has been here, back in her old kingdom. I wouldn't mind it a bit, but since Bren has been with her causing havoc with Blaze, I do. Bren has been teaching Blaze all about using his powers and containing them and making the kid come out of his shell more which is nice to see. Flora has been often staying with her parents and younger sister while Bren and Blaze practice their magical fire tricks.

It's been two weeks since Byrd and I slept with Leona and I still haven't said a word to Bren. Bren and I are taking our boys to the park today, even though my sons can't really do much with the jungle gym and are limited to play around in the sandbox.

Byrd dressed up my handsome sons in overalls, they dress like they're old men already, but Byrd finds it adorable and even I have grown to love the outdated fashion. With a double stroller and the baby bag I walk alongside Bren who is holding hands with Blaze; it's a picture the people probably never expected to see five years ago, so it's comical to both of us when we receive sideways glances.

"We haven't really talked and spent a day together since you confessed sleeping with the Water Queen to me. It's been so long and it's so strange because right now you're basically always in my kingdom." I look over at Bren and move a cloud in to block the sun from beating down on me in my all black attire.

"Flora loves it here, it's my wife's birthplace and she wants to see her family. No use fighting it, Aslo runs the kingdom quite fine when I'm gone. I missed talking with you though, brother."

"Have you spoken with your mother lately? Surely she knows that you and Elianna both support the other side, my side."

"No I've sent letters but, I got nothing in return--Elianna either."

"That's odd, isn't it? Maybe Cynric is censoring all her mail."

"I wouldn't doubt it. My mother loves a controlling man." He rolls his eyes.

"I like Aslo, he told me at camp that his wife was almost pregnant with a fifth, but then they rushed to get her a tonic. I know Byrd and I have been there so many times ourselves. It's hard to remember the damn tonic when I really don't mind impregnating her anymore."

"Aslo is a big family man, he's got Margaret who he adores--that's all he takes about. The boy, another little girl and I believe he just had another boy. He seems to go every other." Bren chuckles.

"I take it that things with you and Flora have returned back to normal? You seem very content."

"Yes." He smirks. "The sex is amazing. Must be something about being pregnant that makes them so damn horny."

"The hormones." I shrug. "Hey, when are you planning to replace the halls that you and Blaze ruined? I'm just wondering because I'm tired of the smell of the burnt rug."

"I will get the money from my treasury this weekend, King Raidyn." He sighs. "Is our talk going to be business or do you have any interesting stories to tell me?"

"I don't think I should tell you anything if that's all you're looking for." I smirk. We have finally arrived at the park. There's a bench next to the playground and sandbox that Bren and I sit on. Blaze runs off to play with the other kids while I unstrap Hol and Ries.

"I am appalled. I am your best friend and I am subjected to hearing rumors instead of from the man himself."

"Rumors of what? Nothing that I have to tell you has even been exposed yet." This I know for fact because Byrd has yet to start panicking again.