Chapter 19

Raidyn

A two week battle came and went leaving me scarred along my freshly healed arm.

Bren, Finn, Jax, Aslo, Donovan, and the Harking brothers all accompanied me into battle. The foreign kingdoms just left troops, enough for us to easily slaughter the enemy forces.

We all returned to my castle and were welcomed in by a parade of cheers. We are finally back in this war with a leg up on Cynric.

I leave the men to jog to my wife. I am still sore as hell, but it's been weeks. "Byrd?" I open the chamber doors and step in wondering why she wasn't downstairs to greet me, maybe the rehabilitation is going worse than I thought and she can't make it downstairs yet. "Are you here?"

Byrd slowly comes out of the bathing room wearing lace, see-through lingerie. "Welcome home." She smirks.

My mouth drops open and I have to pick it off the floor with my hand. I turn around and walk out the door and stand outside of it. "That's not right!" I call to her.

After a few minutes of not answering she opens the door. "Come on."

"I'm not going in there with you looking like that I cannot be responsible for my actions." I protest.

"Will you just relax and get in bed." She commands.

"No."

"Aren't you at least going to give me a kiss and hug?" She pouts.

"No. I can't stop myself. What are you not getting?"

She shrugs her shoulders and walks slowly back into the bathing room shutting the door.

"Shit." I exhale and run for a room I can lock to clearly relieve myself to avoid pain later. "What the hell, Byrd?" I say outloud as I finish up my business easily from picturing her in whatever that was, I do up my pants, and head back to my chambers.

"You shouldn't do things like that unless you're ready for me." I growl out to her.

She has changed into an oversized sweater and pants, her hair is done up in a bun. "Sorry." She says not looking up at me as she lays in bed reading a journal.

"So innocent. What a tease." I mock.

"I said I was sorry." She looks up at me.

"Where are the boys? The nursery?" If anything I just feel more pent up.

"Mhm." She hums.

I leave her to go to my babies. I carefully squeeze both of them tightly and kiss both of their heads all over. They both erupt in fits of giggles and I love it so much I continue to shower them with kisses until my head feels dizzy. "Gods, I missed you two." I breathe out and then breathe in their baby scent.

"Dada." Hollis grabs my nose.

"Yes, dada is here." I happily bounce them as I set them down on the floor. "I'm going to get you!" I say and crouch down to chase them as they run away screaming with joy.

Ries runs toward the door and tries to open it. "Open!" He calls out. "Mama!"

"Have you been manipulating your mother into opening doors?" I scoop him up and swing him around. "You little tyrant!"

"No." He says innocently.

"Oh, yes. Yes, you have been! Don't lie to daddy." I shake my head.

"Mama, open!" He points toward the door while looking at me.

"You just blew yourself in!" I turn my eyes. "No more manipulating mama!" I kiss attack him and chase after Hollis.

Hollis lets out a screech as he runs away and trips over his own feet falling. He stands back up himself and bounces himself like he's dancing.