Chapter 76

Byrd

Riesner's third birthday, Astrid had stayed with Aurelie and Finn and Ferris had arrived yesterday night. Bren, Flora, Blaze, and Sera had also stayed to help celebrate too. My little boy is so happy opening presents from the staff and from Raidyn, his siblings, and I. My first born, my prince, born three years ago today--my pride and joy. I hold him close to me as we dance to the music playing in the background and we share a kiss.

"Happy birthday, baby." I kiss his dimpled cheek.

"I love you mommy." He hugs me.

I hold him on my hip as I twirl to the music which causes him to laugh and lean his head on my shoulder from the rocking sensation.

Pretty soon he gets antsy and wants to be let down to play with the other kids and his brother.

I stand with Raidyn and watch over my birthday boy. "Our son is getting so old. Three years and seven months ago we made that." I point to Riesner. "Can you believe it?" I wrap my arms around my husband's neck and kiss his lips. "He makes me so happy, I'm so glad I get to share him with you. We created a pretty great kid...plus four more great ones." I chuckle.

"Which is why I can definitely believe we made him. I mean, the sex isn't bad." Raidyn chuckles back.

"Oh no the sex isn't bad at all." I snort.

"It makes it very believable. It looks like Ries is out of the Phina phase." Raidyn points.

"She's getting older, he's getting older. Maybe he'll get back into that phase when she becomes a teenager." I laugh.

"Bren is soaking up his disinterest in her right now." Raidyn also laughs grabbing his stomach.

"She looks just like Bren with her light features." I smile and gawk at the little girl now playing with Dela.

"Don't let him hear you call her prettier."

"She is prettier." I chuckle. "But Dela is the most beautiful. Look at her."

"Oh, I know, just don't let him hear that." Raidyn watches Dela, "Gods, she's flawless."

"She'll be one year old a week from today." I exhale and wrap my arm around Raidyn's waist.

"Where did the time go? My little girl." Raidyn's hands rest on my back.

"Your littlest girl is two months."

"And my youngest boy." He shakes his head.

"I can't believe we're not even done with having them. It's so hard to imagine more." I skim my fingers across his tattoo.

"Is it really that hard to imagine when I'm inside of you?" He says casually holding my gaze.

I cough. "No...but--" My face turns red. "We can wait until the twins are about three years old."

"We are definitely waiting and not breaking that rule this time around."

"Well we have sex very often it's sometimes hard to remember to constantly take a tonic." I whisper.

"We'll just stop." He jokes.

"Great idea." I smile.

"As long as you take one once a week it should be fine....maybe. We'll have to talk to Duck about it."

"You think he could whip up a contraceptive that lasts a year? Wouldn't that be amazing."

"I don't know all the Duck is capable of, don't get your hopes up. That does sound good though, I'd definitely keep us from straying our course."