Chapter 73

Raidyn

The next morning, Jax and I walk the halls to discuss our newest course of action now that Cyrelia has attacked the Green Kingdom and targeted one of their babies as well. I couldn't let that happen to any of my kids- they were extra guarded with all people I know personally.

"Got it?" I clarify turning my head to access my general.

"Of course." Jax nods. "The plan is clear and we have the proper reinforcements set up for the troops arrival." Jax stops dead in the hall and I stop next to him confused.

My eyes linger over to see Leona next to Donovan, she had also stopped dead in the hall. The two were holding hands, but she dropped Donovan's hand as soon as she got a minute to process Jax actually in front of her.

"Hey, how are you do- how have you been?" Leona nervously tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"You two are what, a couple now?" Jax looks between them both.

"No." They look at each other and both say quickly. "Just co-parents." Leona adds.

"You know I find this hilarious." Jax chuckles. "Leona who always cries about being number two to everyone--puts the man who put her first, in second place."

"I-I-I never did that." Leona exhales, her eyes so incredibly wide.

"You did too." Jax scoffs. "I never felt like number one."

"Jax, I love you. For weeks on end we stayed cooped up in that room and I showed you just how much I," she takes a deep breath to steady herself, "love you."

"There is always going to be Donovan. You may not be his number one but he will always be yours."

"Donovan is the father of Lonan." She shakes her head.

"Number one, Leona. He will always be number one." Jax says softly.

"No! He won-isn't. My number one is Lonan, the only one who doesn't replace or drop me."

"Either way I'm still number two and Lonan...he's not my son. I'm always going to be kicked aside a-and I can't have that." Jax exhales.

"We can start our own family." Leona takes a step closer to him.

Jax blinks. "A baby? You'd want a baby with me?"

"I don't know why you don't realize how much I love you." Tears start to fall down her face.

"Leona..." Donovan murmurs slightly beside her.

Leona wipes the tears from her eyes and looks over at Donovan. "Don't act like your heart doesn't belong to Alon."

"Half my heart belongs to each of you. We have Lonan, don't you want more with me? We can be a real family."

"Half of your heart isn't good enough for me." Leona raises her chin.

"All of it." Donovan gets down on one knee. "Leona, marry me."

"What?" Leona blinks.

"I will make you first. Alon, he's moved on and I have to let him. I love you and our son. I'm ready to dedicate my entire life to you--marry me." Donovan grabs her hand.

Leona glances nervously over at Jax. "Right here, Donovan? Right now? You inappropriate son of-"

"Yes right here, right now. I want the world to know that I love you, Leona Anne Mortley. You are my number one and I will scream it if you want me to. I will tattoo it on my heart." He stands up and kisses her. "I love you, my soulmate, my partner in adventure, the mother of my son, my best friend."