Chapter 4

Byrd

That morning I wake up with a blaring headache and no memory of what had happened last night. I look over at a Raidyn who is just waking up beside me.

I rub at my face and groan. "Make it stop. My whole entire body is sore."

"Quit yelling." Raidyn whispers, hiding under his pillow from the daylight.

I hold my head. "You're the one yelling." I stand up and make my way to the bathing room to run water on my face.

"Byrd." Raidyn groans. "What happened last night?"

"I have no clue, and I don't think I want to know." The cool water feels refreshing.

Raidyn stumbles into the bathroom and appears to me in the mirror. "What? You don't remember either?"

"No." I groan. "My body is aching." I stretch my arms.

"My muscles are sore. Do you think we got drunk and hit the weights?" He jokes stepping in to splash some water on his face. "It's been a long time since I blacked out."

"I think it's unlikely unless the weights scratched your forearms." I point to them.

"So we had sex...you better take a tonic." He gives me a pointed stare.

"Yeah. Right, good catch." I nod my head. "Definitely don't want to get pregnant now."

"I wonder how many people we scarred publicly."

"You think we did it publicly?" I frown.

"That's the last thing I remember talking about." He grabs his toothbrush and starts brushing away.

"Oh no." My face heats up. A knock bangs at our door and we groan from the noise. "Put some clothes on," I call to Raidyn as I grab my black silk robe and answer the door.

I open the door to see it's Leona. "I'm not in the mood." I rub my temples.

"Where is he?" She stands firm and stops the door from closing on her.

"Who? My husband?" I ask her back.

"Yes, where is Raidyn?"

"Did I hear my name?" Raidyn calls.

"Leona is here to see you." I have too much of a headache to deal with her as I walk away and sit down at the table.

"I'm naked."

"I told you to put some clothes on!" I yell and then groan.

"It's too late for that now just pass me a towel!" Raidyn groans, "Please."

"It will take you two seconds to put pants on!" I growl.

Leona shakes her head and grabs Raidyn's pants on the floor. She tosses them into the bathroom. "It's not like I haven't seen it all before, Rastifen. Get dressed, we need to talk about last night."

I'm in no condition to fight her right now even though I badly wanted to punch her in the face. "Sit," I say to Leona and wave to the chair on the opposite side of the table.

Leona sits down and smirks at me, "You've got quite the hangover there, don't you?"

"Yes." I groan and hold my head in my hands. "Now will you please stop talking to me."

Raidyn walks out wearing the black pants, "What can I do for you, Leona?"

Leona rises from her seat and walks over to Raidyn, poking his chest with one of her fingers, "For starters, what the hell was that last night? Your behavior was horrible! And in front of an entire convention of scholars of all places?! I can't believe you and all that you did!"