Chapter 50

Byrd

Wyr coming home two weeks ago was a shock. I couldn't believe he was in the Water Kingdom, he was alive all this time and Arsen, Arsen had never gone through with his orders. It makes me wonder who else he has saved. The Dark Kingdom has never felt more restored having the old General back--even though now he is Raidyn's Hand, a position Bren had for a time. Wyr has been coming around for his meetings with the healers, then spending his time with Raidyn, and when he isn't in the castle he is with Emmeline and Warren which is the majority and that's understandable. Raidyn told me that while Wyr was in the Water Kingdom he was basically Creylia's slave, he was forced to do her dirty work whether that be kill someone, spy for someone, go here, go there, whether it were to satisfy her cravings, or fetch her food. He was trapped under a new queen and now he is away from that monster and he is safe--but still without the ability to use the full function of his hands.

Raidyn seemed to be in glorious moods lately. Wyr being back has been so great for him especially since that incident two weeks ago left me feeling empty when he sounded so defeated that night in bed. The loneliness, the coldness still aches my heart. Merritt and the unborn baby, I can see it all, I can see and feel the despair. First his parents killed along with sister, that blame and guilt he took, the responsibility he took. He becomes king and what is suppose to be something pleasurable and exciting is ruined yet again by death--like everything is crumbling, everything is being ruined by him. Fast forward to Wyr's death--his best friend. I do not pity Raidyn, but my heart aches for him wanting him to know he is so very loved by me and our children. He deserves this life more than anything. He may be a Dark King to the world, he may be the most powerful man in existence, but to me--although I won't say this anyone, he is the sweetest, most romantic, perfect, kind-hearted man I have ever met in the entirety of my life. The gods have blessed me allowing me to be loved by him. He is a blessing to me and we both pulled each other out of some terrible darkness we both needed an escape from. His being his past and mine being enslaved by Valdus.

I went gone to the healers yesterday to find out I have gained seven pounds and I have started to look rather...fat and well actually pregnant unlike before where my stomach was completely flat. My face has more of a round shape and for the first time since meeting Raidyn, I felt self conscious about my body. Whenever I'm near him or in public I try to shield myself in large, oversized, heavy cloaks.

The start of a new day is bright and wonderful thanks to Raidyn's good mood. I am gloriously woken up to kisses all over my face. I become bashful and shy away from his touch feeling disgusting by my large weight gain. His hands roam my body not letting an inch of me go untouched. I almost protest and push him away until he unexpectedly pumps two of his fingers in and out of me causing me to moan out. He does that for a few minutes to put me really in the mood before he slips inside, making tender love to me. We lay breathless next to each other and he holds me close kissing my forehead.

We were meeting Wyr for breakfast this morning in the dining room. Raidyn and I took our seats at the head while Emmeline, Wyr, and Warren side of the left side of me and then Adelaide, Riesner, and Hollis sit on the right side of me. Ries sits in the middle because he's most capable of eating by himself. Hollis is next to Raidyn mainly because he's messy and needs a little assistance, I can't believe he turns two years old in less than a month. Adelaide is in her high chair and I feed her baby food, she seems to like the applesauce just like Ries, but I also give her mushed up carrots which she loves also.

I've been having terrible morning sickness lately. I'd spend hours in the bathroom hovering over the toilet seat while Raidyn holds my hair back and grabs a cold washcloth for my forehead. My belly is now round and the electricity flows throughout it every two seconds where before it was just flashes of lights every so often. I feel flutters in my stomach sometimes and it's such a strange feeling that when I try to tell Raidyn it's indescribable. Every night he grabs the lotion and rubs my stomach. I lean my head back really enjoying his touch until I pull his hands lower and lower and pretty soon we are both releasing ourselves to each other.