Chapter 66

Byrd

I am woken up by the sound of Wynonna crying. I get up to soothe her and then Cassius screams.

"Raidyn." I ask him to get our little boy.

"On it." Raidyn stops reviewing his paperwork at the table and walks over to Cassius. "Do you need a diaper change?"

"Have you been up all night doing paperwork?" I ask him

He nods. "I think that's why I didn't hear the crying. I just....I have so much to do."

"Need me to take some work off your hands?"

"Oh! That reminds me, the orphanage was asking for you to visit."

"I would love to!" I smile. "I'll just have to find some time, pump milk for the twins...make sure everyone is taken care of."

"We don't have enough time for anything right now, this is just like when Hollis was born..."

I sigh. "I know, but at least with have the five of them here with us. Our family is...it's complete." I give him a small smile.

"My arm says otherwise."

"You're joking, right?" I say with no amusement.

"I'm afraid not. I asked Leona." Raidyn sighs.

"Oh no, I'm taking that tonic at least for another good...three years."

"You better." He gives me a pointed look.

"Hey, it's your responsibility too, you better remind me."

"I'll be on top of it, you don't even have to ask."

I chuckle. "Look at how perfect they are." I look at the two babies in the room and miss my three others.

"They're precious." He gushes.

There's a knock on the door. When I answer it Leland bows and hands me letter. "It's from Creylia."

I grab it and open it with the hand that isn't holding Wynonna.

Beloved Raidyn Rastifen and Simple Luscinia Veldhashalm,

The news of your twins would give me joy...but you see you had already ruined my plan. I knew of the plans, Georgianna reported the news of the two and I told her to erase it from your file so you wouldn't know. Well, I was going to be kind and only take one...then you ruined my plan and took my sweet, little Romina--great lover. Anyways, Wynonna and Cassuis, I think I'll take the boy. Watch your back...you never know what other men and women of mine are lurking in your castle...watching your children run down the hall. Kisses to you Raidyn.

Queen Creylia.

I hand the letter over to Raidyn and I'm ready to scream.

"Romina as her lover? Romina is straight." Raidyn says confused.

"I'm going down to see her." I hold out Wynonna insinuating for him to take her.

"Who? Rommi?" He cuddles Wynonna to his face.

"Yes, Rommi." I growl.

"I'm sorry, Byrd, I am just so tired. I thought you meant Creylia for a second." Raidyn frowns.

"No, I'm going down to the dungeon." I dress for the day.

"Love you." He calls out to me as he brings both of the babies in bed. "Be safe."

"I will." I had put on pants and a tunic and I'm carrying my dagger at my belt.

I head down to the dungeon where I see Eilo and Romina have sex through the bars. It doesn't look very comfortable.