Chapter 77

(Pictured above is Hansen)

Raidyn

My dear, sexy Raidyn Rastifen,

I know Romina is there with you. Pass on my best regards and give her a little taste of what she's missing out on (and you too) in the photo attached. By the time you get this, it will be too late, but you already know I took down The Shadow of the Dark Kingdom. I plan to go after another member of your court next, destroy it piece by piece until it collapses and you finally give me what I want. Stay healthy and continue to make those babies for me, my heirs.

Your sexy Queen, Creylia Ulirarin

I received the letter and the nude photo of Creylia attached to it after eating my breakfast in the morning. First order of business; calling a board meeting to check on my council. I request Byrd's presence in the boardroom and watch as all seemingly everyone files into their seats, Byrd last.

"This impromptu meeting is called because I have received a threat this morning from Queen Creylia. She says her next target is one of the members of my court until eventually, you are all finished off." I stare at each and every one of them in the eyes- someone's missing. My eyes hit the empty seat. "Where is General Jax? Does anyone know?"

"I have no idea." Byrd looks around the room.

"I haven't seen him." Lady Guinevere adds.

"Who has seen him last?!" I raise my voice.

"Last I saw him was Prince Riesner's birthday." Wyr says quietly, picking up on the stress in my voice.

"Oh." Byrd blushes. "He left with Romina. Took her back to his chambers."

"That was a week ago." I run my finger through my hair. "How did we not notice his absence?"

"We can ask Romina if she's seen him lately. Maybe they're just spending time with each other." Byrd says.

"Meeting dismissed until I find Jax." I rise from my seat not even bothering to mention the alternative.

Byrd rushes by my side and walks with me as I storm to Romina's chambers and pound on the door.

"Yes?" Romina answers in a nightgown smiling at me.

"Where is my gods damn general?" I growl.

"In my bed." Romina purrs. "Why? Jealous?"

"Well, he missed a meeting this morning." I call out loudly enough for him to hear it. "A very important one."

Jax appears shirtless and fumbling to put his pants on, his belt hanging open. "My apologizes, King."

"Yes, your apologies. Queen Creylia has it out for my court, putting targets on every one of your heads." I snarl having no patience at all for this. "For you." I shove the letter and photo over to Romina and mock a smile.

Romina looks at the photo and gags. "What the hell!?"

"Read the letter first, dear." I mock sweetness in my tone.

"Okay, honey." She scoffs and her eyes skim the page. "Shit." She hands it to Jax to read. "I have no clue who she's going after."

"For starters; my entire court." I snap.

"I meant going after first, I just know who is last...Byrd." Romina looks to my wife.

"Where the hell is Hansen?!" I clench my fists.

"I don't know, I've been preoccupied with my general." Romina smirks.

"What the hell did I miss? Didn't you two just meet last week?"