Chapter 47

Raidyn

~November 4th~

Wyr and I were heading out to the pub on a Friday night, even kings need some time to decompress. Wyr and I danced a couple hours with random women everywhere.

"I'm heading outside, I need some fresh air." I excuse myself, yelling out to him over the thumping of the loud music and feet on the dance floor.

"Can't handle the heat, Rastifen?" Wyr playfully wagged his eyebrows at me like he always used to.

"Ha-ha, very funny." I smile back at him and roll my eyes before heading out of the pub. The air was cold and a heavy breeze hit my face immediately, cooling the sweat that had been beading on it.

I sat there for a good minute before I heard the soft sobs and sniffles. I followed the sound to where I found a girl, a year or two younger than I was at the time. Seventeen maybe?

"Are you alright?" I slowly place a hand on her shoulder and frighten the girl. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

She sniffles again and rubs harshly at her eyes. "I-it's fine. I'm just-" her lip quivers and she breaks into a sob again.

"Shhhh. It's alright. What happened? What's wrong?" I place my arm around her and hold her tight to me, her head is buried, but her shoulders are shaking.

Minutes pass before she stops and looks up at me. "A group of men stole all my stuff. They took everything I have. I am visiting from the Green Kingdom. I don't know how I am even going to afford my hotel room now or get home." I could tell she put up a fight and the men had forcefully took all of her luggage. She had bruises on her arms.

So I did what any gentleman would do; I took her to my castle and I put her up for the week she wanted to visit her. Everyday on my breaks from my meetings and judgement I would show her around my kingdom- a new part each day. I tried to cheer her up the best I could, tried to care for her. I never wanted anyone visiting my kingdom to feel the way she did upon entering it; gorgeous girl involved or not-it just wasn't right.

Anna was someone who I wanted to protect from the moment I met her something just snapped into place with me.When the end of our week together was over; I knew I would miss her. She had become a friend to me. I didn't intend on making any moves, I knew that with the situation she had been through that I didn't want to force anything, but when she called me in her room on that very last night to say goodbye things went very astray from my plan.

Anna crashed her lips into mine with a hungry, emotional need. I wasted no time in thrusting myself into her and taking her like she was begging me to, ripping off my clothes.

"Goodbye Raidyn." She whisper as we rolled off of the freshly unmade bed. Her new bags off to the side.

When it was finally time for her to go, we said our real goodbyes at the castle gates. Her eyes were tear filled as she gave me one last hug.

Walking by Anna's room now I couldn't remember the last person who stayed there. I knew it was still a guest room. I knock on the door and Leona answers. She opens the door wider and Byrd is right there behind her.

"Hey, how are you feeling today?" I ask the two of them.

"You told him?" Leona places her hands on her hips and stares over at Byrd.

Byrd gives me an annoyed look. "I'm sorry."

"Honey, you didn't tell me, Duck did." I tilt my head playing off confusion.