Chapter 13

Steven's POV

-- A bit earlier --

After I dragged Sophia in the kitchen, she looked at me confused.

"I thought she wasn't your mate?" She whispered.

"She isn't.. People are thinking she is and I want them thinking that." I whispered back and looked around to see if anyone was listening.

"Steven. You can't lie about that even Jay's having troubles believing that. Or she's just confused, but still!"

I sighed, "look I know, but I want people knowing that she's mine."

"You know better than to lie to people like that." She said sternly, crossing her arms.

"Look. I'll tell the truth when I can, but I wanna wait longer for that."

She gave a sigh and looked at me. I began pouting like a puppy that made her roll her eyes and nod her head.

"Fine. But you owe me."

I smiled and hugged her, "definitely. Thank you."

"You're welcome.." She hugged me back and pulled away, "but what happened to you out there? You just went savage.."

I sighed, "he said something I didn't like. It's not important, well not to you."

"What did he say?"

I waited for a short while before answering her question. "He told me that he's gonna try having his way with Jay and maybe hurt her in the process. It was to pressure me into fighting him even more. It worked, but I don't know if he meant it. That's why I didn't take any chances." I explained and grabbed her by the arm. "Lets just go outside. Before people starts getting curious."

She just nodded as the both of us walked straight through the door.

When we got out of the kitchen, I saw Noah apologizing for his mistakes. But my eyes saw Jay in Alpha Kristoffer's arms. I gave a growl that caught his attention, I noticed him pulling her closer, but she seemed to be in pain for him to pull her any closer.

'What the hell does he think he's doing with her?' My wolf began to ask bitterly.

'She looks in pain, but I don't like him touching her.'

'I don't either, stop him. It bothers me.'

As I was gonna say something, but Alpha Kristoffer turned his attention to Noah and spoke.

"You will be punished after I put Jay to rest. You have caused Steven to react to whatever you told him to make a fight. You have disobeyed both Alpha's orders and that's something I can't allow without a punishment." He was angry and he shows it. But who said he was gonna put my girlfriend to rest?

Noah knew what he's gotten himself into, it was necessary. I disobeyed, but it was for the right reasons. Even Eric knew my actions are based on something offensive or something bad in general. He knows I never start something unless someone has crossed the line. Everyone just stood there, afraid to speak. Until Jay began to speak.

"No no it's fine." She said and she was moving a bit. Alpha Kristoffer set her down, but still held onto her waist. I began to narrow my eyes at them and felt myself feeling jealous.

"No violence, no punishments or anything. I don't expect Noah to get use to the fact that werewolves are working with a hunter or being a family with one. It'll just take some adjustments, but no punishments are to be made."