Chapter 17

Here's a picture of what her eyes look like for you guys to not waste your time imagining what her eyes looked like once you get the description down below. You're welcome. XD
----

I kept looking at her in disbelief. I let go of her hand and sat back down. At this point, I wasn't entirely sure on how to respond to that. I do know how to, but I'm scared to say anything..

I heard a sigh, "you're something different. It had to be concealed from the day you were born.."

I held my head and nodded, "why? What's there to conceal something by the time I was born?"

"Your parents weren't entirely hunters Jay. Your father, Kyle was, but your mother Robin.. Well she's uh.. A werewolf.." I snapped my attention back to my papa.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrow and took a deep breath, "you're telling me that 'something running' through my veins is a werewolfs blood?" They nodded.

"I don't get it. If I'm a werewolf, why haven't I shifted? I'm 19, I thought they shifted at an early age.."

"Yes, but you're also part hunter Jay. You're not entirely a full werewolf. Both blood runs through your veins, but you can't shift."

"How can being a hunter affect the werewolf side of me? All that is, is hunting werewolves for me to be called a Huntress." 

"Your fathers side aren't just regular hunters sweetie. Your grandfather and the one before him and the one before him and etc, they're all a legacy. What they had was past on to their first born child, which was your father and it was passed on to you because you're an only child.. Your father was human, but he was unique. The skills were already given to you when you were born as a Huntress, the skills you have are like a habit already. You knew how to track, how to fight, you can sense things and you know what speed and pressure to use at a young age." Papa explained, but paused. "It's hard to explain your fathers legacy, but those are one of the only powerful hunters for these past decades. They're bloodline runs through every generation, but all that changed when he met your mother."

Mama stood up and took something out of some drawer. She went towards me and sat next to me giving me this piece of paper. I took it and looked at it to see my parents with my mama and papa with them.

"Your mother didn't know her mate was her own enemy and a legacy hunter. You father wasn't fond with that idea, but seeing her that day made him feel attracted to her already. They always met up a lot secretly and who knew they'd fall for each other no matter what their differences were. So your mother decided to put aside her werewolf and pretended to be a hunter. Ever since then, your father helped your mother at night with shifting once in awhile, until they had you. They thought it wasn't safe anymore because they had you in their life.. That's why they left and found us. They were so proud of you when you were born.."

"I guess they loved each other too much to set aside their pride.. I have both a hunters legacy and werewolf blood running through my veins.?"

"Yes.. But when you were born your eyes. They were glowing.. The outer circle was pure black, then the next layer of that, it was silver, and the one that surrounds your pupil was golden. It was beautiful, but it was also terrifying..We were scared at first because we didn't know what you'd grow up to be. We risked our lives to take you in as one of us."

I was taken back and scoffed, "that doesn't sound hurtful at all.."

"I'm sorry sweetie, I didn't mean it that way, but you're not something we've seen at all.."