Prologue

"I need you to be my pretend girl friend."

"Are you mad or what? What makes you think I would ever date the likes of you, even in pretense?"

"Oh, you will, Annika. I don't want to threaten you, but you do know what I'm capable of doing if you don't listen to me..."

Her mind drifted of to when he had almost snatched away her brother's custody, and she supressed a shudder.

"Why are you doing this, Billuji? I thought we had become... friends."

Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair. Ofcourse he considered her a friend, and maybe even more, although his stupid heart hadn't realized that yet. But right now, he would become the Shark Singh Oberoi she had so aptly named him, if needed. It was the only way.

"We are friends. But at this moment the most important thing to me is my family's reputation, that is on the verge of being tarnished due to the Kapoors' grave deception. I need the media to think that we've all moved on from this, and that I'm already seeing someone else. Or else they won't stop with their daily columns and reports on how the Great Shivaay Singh Oberoi was deceived by a girl who only wanted his money."

When she was still unsure, Shivaay came nearer and took her hand in his. His voice softened a bit as he tried his last attempt to pacify her.

"Look, Annika. I know you've already done a lot for me and my family. If it wasn't for you, I would have never found out about Tia's truth, and would have gotten married to her giving her the chance to usurp both my family's wealth and reputation. But I promise, this is the last thing I'm asking of you. Will you help me, please?"

Annika pondered over this a moment. It was a huge decision to take, since the media would be involved, and they would no doubt spread the news of Shivaay Singh Oberoi's new 'girlfriend' in a jiffy. But somehow, she didn't have the heart to say no. She tried convincing herself that it was because of his lovely family, and not him.

After a few moments of silence, she sighed and gave in.

"Fine. I'll do it."

Hey guys! This is my first story on Wattpad, although I have written some Shivika stories on another website. I'm very excited to start a new story here, and I do hope I'm able to write something you all like! Do let me know what you think of the prologue, if possible. Will update depending on response :)

PS I stopped reading stories on Wattpad a long time back, so if somehow my fanfiction becomes similar to something that has already been written, do let me know. I'll have it removed.