Chapter-22

"Main tera boyfriend, Tu meri girlfriend ,Oh mainu kehndi na na na na..." 

Shivaay was humming this song as he tied his black Etro Silk tie. He looked dapper in his  black suit paired with a dark green shirt , and his hair was set perfectly with a decent amount of gel with no strand misplaced. He was wearing his favorite Blancpain watch, and smelled amazing sporting his favorite customary Versace perfume. Shivaay Singh Oberoi was a vain man and he prided himself on the good looks he had been bestowed with. The fact that he had all the wealth in the world to enhance these looks and use the best brands in the world helped immensely. Out of all the Oberoi grand kids, he was the one who liked to throw around money the most on these materialistic things, even more so than Rudra. His reason? These were what classified you into the elite and showed your standards and taste. 

But now, of course, there was a storm named Annika in his life, who was beautiful and elegant without any of these possessions. And with that, she had shattered another one of his beliefs.

The woman in question here was currently busy being the personal barbie doll of his Mom and Badi Ma, who were getting her ready for the event. They had whisked her off as soon as they had entered the mansion, and Shivaay hadn't gotten the chance to talk to her even in the car properly, seeing as she was unusually quiet today. He knew it was her anxiety kicking in and seeing as he was feeling quite the same, he hadn't called her out on it.

As it was, currently Shivaay was busy getting himself ready, because unfortunately men did not possess the attribute or will to play Ken doll. He was simultaneously singing a bollywood song that just a few weeks back would have irritated him, but a lot had changed since then and his 29 year old self didn't find these things that bad anymore.

"Waah, bhaiya!" Rudra exclaimed in his usual chirpy voice as he entered the room, followed by Om, both of them ready to go and looking dashing, "You look so handsome! Finally you're showing similar genes to me a bit," He said proudly, and Shivaay rolled his eyes.

"Not to mention," Om said, a teasing glint in his intense eyes, "The song you're humming seems to really suit your situation, eh?" He finished with a wink.

"It's nothing like that," Shivaay muttered, not managing to sound convincing even to himself.

"But you do look great," Om added, and Shivaay smiled. 

"Yeah, but bhaiya," Rudra started, acting like he was in deep thought, "you won't be able to match up to Annika didi. I stole a glance at her a while back, and, daayumnn." He finished off, making Shivaay become really curious.

"Really?" He asked, eager to know how she looked. "What is she wearing? Is she almost ready? Are they-"

He stopped when he noticed his brother laughing silently, and composed himself awkwardly.

"I just wanna know cuz we're getting late," He said with a shrug, and Om and Rudra gave fake innocent nods.

"Of course, Shivaay. We never said you were too impatient to see her or something." Om said, and he and Rudra started laughing loudly now seeing Shivaay's blush.

"Okay enough, guys," He said, embarrassed. "Let's go downstairs now, we're seriously getting late."

The brothers made their way downstairs, all three looking incredibly handsome in their own way, while Rudra mumbled something like how it was faadu to be fashionably late, and Shivaay chided him for picking up on Annika's language. They met their fathers downstairs, who too looked classy in their matching navy blue suits. 

"Oh, you guys are here. The ladies sure are taking long." Tej remarked, checking his watch. Priyanka and Saumya entered the hall then, both looking very pretty in their baby pink and sky blue gowns, respectively. Shivaay strained his neck to see if Annika was behind them, but to no success.