Chapter-69

"Shivaay, stop it, we need to sleep!"

Giggling, Annika tried to pry Shivaay away from her, but to no avail. He just wouldn't stop peppering kisses all over her face, all the way from her forehead till her chin, while leaning above her on the bed. His stubble was making her skin burn as he nuzzled her soft cheeks, making her close her eyes at the ticklish yet delicious sensations. She pushed against his t-shirt clad chest but he didn't budge, and instead kept on laughing and running his nose against her jawline. For a change, he had discarded his usual night-wear of kurta-pajama and instead donned on a white tee shirt with black track pants, and Annika thought he looked effortlessly sexy. 

"I told you," Shivaay said as he stopped for a moment to stare down at her face; the room was dark but they had kept one window open, that let the moonbeam and street lights of Bali stream in and provide a soft glow; "I'm not letting you sleep at night."

Annika laughed. In all honesty, she would love that. Although she had been tired earlier, in the flight, it seemed that Bali had done something to her because she was all energetic now. In fact, Bali seemed to have done something to Shivaay too because he was being extremely touchy and romantic, more so than usual. After they had freshened up and gotten over their inital excitement of finally being in Bali, the hunger had struck in. Unlike the others, though, they hadn't ordered room service. After eating the bland food of the plane, Annika had wanted something tasteful for dinner, and nothing on the menu had been to her liking. Thankfully, their room had a built in kitchen- that Shivaay had had stocked prior to their arrival- and Annika had a man who happened to be an amazing cook. He had prepared pav bhaaji for the both of them, while Annika had helped. Well, her help had only consisted on commenting on whatever he did, such as urging him to put in more oil, but Shivaay didn't mind. Afterwards, Annika had taken a bath in their large, luxurious bathroom. It had taken her one good hour to come out, and then too she had hurried because Shivaay kept yelling that he wanted to take a shower, too. Changing into their night-clothes, they had finally gotten into bed, Annika all ready to sleep on the soft fluffy mattress that smelled of strongly of expensive detergent. Shivaay, however, had other plans. He had, at first leaned in to kiss her on the forehead, which Annika thought innocently of being a goodnight kiss, but then, he just wouldn't stop.

One couldn't blame Shivaay, though. Annika was dressed delectably, in a white tank top and pink shorts, and through the thin material of the top he could also make out her baby pink inner-wear, the straps of which were quite visible. This, combined with the knowledge that they were in a room that was no less than a honeymoon suite and where no one could disturb them, with the beach just below, visible from the balcony, the sea crashing loudly against the shore- it all intensified the romantic trait in Shivaay, even the impatient, desperate one. And as it was, he had decided that from now on, he would express his love to Annika and make her realize that he was insanely attracted to her, in as many ways as possible, so that when he finally did propose, she wouldn't be caught off-guard.

For the first time, Shivaay mustered the courage in him to wander off to unchartered territory. Slowly, he trailed his nose, down her chin, and onto the side of her neck. Annika stiffened slightly, before relaxing again. Shivaay looked up, not moving his face, to see that she had her eyes closed, teeth slightly biting down on her lower lip. As much as eliciting this reaction from her made him happy and proud, it aroused him, too. Focusing back on the new heaven he had found, he nuzzled deeper against the crook of her neck, inhaling the scent that had always drove him crazy and that was the most intense here. He stayed that way for a while, palms spread out on either side of her to hold him up, face buried into her throat. Her hair was still slightly damp from the bath, and the fragrance of her shampoo combined with her natural odour- a mixture of exotic fruits and berries with something spicy- was making him feel high. He could have stayed like this forever, and he probably would have, too, if Annika wouldn't have called out to him, her voice soft and slightly coarse.