Chapter-65

Banner and Moodboards by ImLilMissComplicated 

**

"Rudra, why did you post a picture of Shivaay with this caption?"

Sitting beside Rudra on one of the many cushions spread around the hall for the mehendi ceremony- which, albeit being a small ceremony, had been decorated beautifully for, with a variety of colours but with pink standing out the most-  Annika showed Rudra the post she had come across while scrolling through Instagram, a confused frown on her face. It was a picture of Shivaay taken just that morning, where he seemed to be smililng to himself with head bent, and Rudra had captioned it 'Such a goner ;)'. Taking a look at what she was showing him, Rudra smirked.

"Areh didi, can't you see? Bhaiya is smiling and blushing all alone, matlab he must have been thinking about someone, na?" He said, wriggling his eyebrows suggestively. Annika's frown deepened.

"Really? Who was he thinking about?" She asked, a bit possessively. Rudra smacked his forehead. It seemed that this girl was entirely lost about Shivaay's bhaiya's feelings for her.

"No one," He muttered, and then spotting Shivaay walking down the stairs, all ready in his white kurta-pajama, hair gelled up and face lit up in a smile, Rudra grinned. "Why don't you ask him yourself?" He told Annika, pointing towards Shivaay. The man in question came and sat beside them, giving Annika a quick kiss on the cheek, making her blush.

"You look beautiful," He told her. Dressed in a hot pink lehenga with golden sequined work, paired with a golden dupatta, she looked gorgeous. 

"Shivaay, who were you thinking of when Rudy took this picture?" Annika asked without any preamble, now thrusting the phone his way. Shivaay smiled when he saw it, for once not irritated about having his picture on social media, much to Rudra's surprise.

"You, of course," He replied bluntly, making Rudra choke on the orange juice he was drinking. His brother was not one for subtlety, was he? Annika, on the other hand, gained the same shade of pink on her cheeks as her lehenga.

"Shivaay," She hit his arm lightly, "You're becoming so, so..."

"Romantic?" He suggested proudly, making her look away shyly. 

"Bhaiya, sirf bolne ne se kya hoga- show us some of your romance too and spice up this mehendi ceremony, na?" Rudra urged, before moving towards where the soundboxes were set up and grabbing a microphone.

"Bhiayo aur behno, and uncles and aunties- put your hands together kyuki ab perform karenge Shivaay bhaiya aur Annika bhabi! Taaliyan!"

Without either of them could protest, Rudra had put on an old favorite- Aaj kal tere mere pyaar ke charche- and pulled them to the middle of the hall, while relatives surrounded them and clapped and hooted. Seeing no way out, Shivaay and Annika started doing impromptu dance moves, and soon enough they started enjoying it immensely, giving a stellar performance that had everyone in a riot when they finally finished and took their previous seats.