Chapter-47

Realized I haven't done this in ages-

QOTD- Who's your celebrity crush?

My answer:

Male- Kunal Jaisingh (brb crying) and Chris Evans (God bless his gorgeous soul)

Female- Surbhi Chandna, Parineeti Chopra, Manushi Chillar, Scarlett Johansson.

I don't know why I have more female crushes than male lmaoo 😂

**

The weekend came and went in the blink of an eye. Annika found herself busier than ever, with her event management company having a small inauguration Puja and finally kicking off. Although only a small number of people had been invited to the Puja, she had gotten wishes from a lot of people, in the form of cards and gifts. Rohit and Mrs. Malhotra, for example, had both sent individual flower bouquets and small notes wishing her best of luck in this journey.

 Annika had introduced everyone in the family to Gauri, her brand new PA, and all had taken an instant liking to her. Except Om, that is. The two had somehow managed to irk each other, and from the very first day had bad blood between them. Nonetheless, Gauri was extremely sweet and hardworking, and Annika loved her already. It was Monday morning now, and Annika and Gauri were on their way to the Oberoi Mansion. Technically, this was their first day of work under Dreamcatchers, and both were extremely excited. There was lots to do, and especially since it was just the two of them handling everything, they wanted to start at the soonest. So today, they were off to make a clear plan of all the upcoming functions, and also get an idea about the dulha and dulhan's taste. 

"Areh baapre," Gauri exclaimed as they got out of their auto in front of the mansion gates, and stared at the vastness with mouth agape, "This is so big, Annika didi. My entire village could fit inside!"

Annika smiled at that. Gauri had a childlike enthusiasm in her that was lovable. She had started addressing Annika as 'didi', and did indeed give off a 'little sisterly' feeling to Annika. 

"I know, it's big, isn't it?" Annika said, as they walked up to the gate. "But you get used to it, gradually."

Gauri widened her eyes at that, and followed Annika in. The ladies of the house sat in the hall, and greeted the two as they walked in. 

"Annika, Gauri, you both are heres! Come and sit, there's so much to do!"

Ushering them towards the couch, Pinky sat them down and started discussing the various events coming up. She was personally very excited for this Shaadi since it would bring about a lot of life into this usually quiet house. Taking out her diary, Annika started noting down all the functions Pinky aunty mentioned, almost as if at light speed. Gauri seemed a little taken aback, not to mention afraid, of all the functions they would have to arrange, that too so soon. Annika noticed this and keeping a hand on hers, assured her that everything would be fine. Having this younger girl around gave Annika the much needed confidence boost, and she was ever so thankful for that. Around three hours later, they had finally set the dates of the functions, made a rough idea of the themes and colors, decided on the kind of cuisines and an estimate of how many people would be attending each of the functions. With these information, Annika and Gauri would be able to hire caterers and workers as such. 

By the time they were done for the day, the ladies were tired. The elders decided to retire for the day, while Annika, Gauri and Tanya sat in the hall, chatting. Tanya was a bit quite in nature, so she mostly listened while Annika and Gauri- the two chatterboxes- talked. Amidst this, Annika's phone rang. It was one of her friends calling, and she excused herself to take the call.