Chapter-80

This is the last chapter of this book! I cannot believe we've come this far. I started TDC on a whim, but now I can honestly say that it has changed my life. I have met so many amazing people through this book, some of whom will hopefully be life-long friends. I wish this book could go on forever, but I feel it necessary to end it here.

But, there will be a sequel! If possible, do keep this book in your library till I announce the start of the sequel. However, please do note that the sequel won't have frequent updates. They will depend solely on my own convenience and mood. Also, I know I had talked about giving bonus chapters, but that's an idea I'm still considering. It may or may not happen.

A huge thanks to everyone who has stuck with this story till now. I love you all so much! :')

Qotd: What was your favorite scene in this story? Personally, I loved writing that scene where Annika gets insecure about her and Shivaay's relationship, and calls him over (the one where she's on her period?), amongst many others.

I loved writing this chapter, and I hope you all love reading it, too 

Okay now, I am legit getting emotional. So on with the story!

(Banner by ImLilMissComplicated)

**

"Babe, wake up, will you? We're getting late!"

"Late for what," Annika mumbled in her sleep, without opening her eyes. The bed was so warm and comfy, she would trade anything for a few more minutes of sleep. Her sleep-fuzzed brain had a thought that she would probably even trade Shivaay, and she grinned at that.

"Why are you smiling?" Shivaay asked, exasperated. The past few days, she had been getting up before him, but now that he had plans for the two, she wasn't getting her lazy bum out of the bed. "And we're getting late for, well, something. Come on, Annika, wake up!" He whined, making Annika groan. Sitting up suddenly, she glared at him.

"Fine, I'm up now, okay? Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi, this 'something' you planned for us today better be good and worth sacrificing my sleep for, get it?"

"Yes," Shivaay gulped, seeing her face all scrunched up in anger. "It will be."

Annika nodded, and got up to take shower. Shivaay sighed, and prayed that whatever he had planned was good enough for her. Otherwise, he wouldn't put it past her to not kill him. Getting up from bed, he made a few phone calls to make sure everything was ready for today, before taking out his clothes. By this time, Annika came out of the washroom, wearing a fluffy pink bathrobe and drying her hair with a matching towel. Shivaay, dropping whatever he was holding on the bed, went towards her and grabbed her waist.

"You are so hot," He said to her, making her blush. Throwing away her towel, he pulled her closer and pressed his lips against hers, moaning at the contact. He would never get used to how good her lips felt under his. She was always eager in her response and that made their kisses so much better. In between the kiss, Annika pulled back slightly to breathe.

"I thought we were getting late?" She asked, her raspy voice making Shivaay feel tingles in his body. Her skin was slightly red from the hot shower she must have taken, and he rubbed his thumb across her cheekbone. She would never cease to take his breath away.

"Some things are more important than others," He grinned, making her scowl.

"Nothing is more important than my sleep, okay?" She said, grabbing her towel and proceeding to rub her hair again. "Now you better not waste any more time. I want to enjoy our last day in Bali to the fullest!"