Chapter-74

Highly recommend listening to Perfect by Ed Sheeran (if you haven't already) to get the feels for this chapter

**

Annika descended as the car stopped on a deserted road quite far from the resort, in front of some large coconut trees. She couldn't see the view yet but the salty smell in the air and the hard wind let her know that they were in a beach. Air reached her legs through the high slit of her red gown, making her shiver. She inhaled the fresh air, which seemed so rejuvenating, Annika could feel that something good was about to happen. A radiant smile on her face, Annika walked forward, and heard the car drive away behind her. When she finally walked into the beach, Annika was awestruck by the surroundings, but more than that, she was awestruck by the man waiting for her, looking undeniably gorgeous. She saw him take in her appearance, mouth slightly open, and Annika glowed within herself. She prided him on his choice, and also on how subtly yet beautifully he had made their outfits compliment each other.

 She prided him on his choice, and also on how subtly yet beautifully he had made their outfits compliment each other

Shivaay, for his part, was whipped, really. She looked a vision in red, with her long hair flowing wildly and reflecting her spirit within. Shivaay had never seen anything more beautiful in his life, and it made his heart swell up. Walking forward to meet her, he offered her his hand. She took it shyly, making a rosy hue spread up her cheeks. 

Divine, this woman was.

"You look beautiful," He told her breathily, realizing that the compliment didn't even match up to what she was but he wasn't being able to form any other coherent word. She smiled, and his heart faltered. Intertwining their fingers, he led her towards the shore, right where the sea started. The sand made it difficult for Annika to walk in heels, Shivaay noticed, so he bend down and opened them himself. 

"This place is gorgeous," Annika whispered against the night air. And indeed it was. They were the only one on this vast strip of beach, the sea crashing against the shore quiet violently at this time of the evening. The sun hadn't completely set yet, casting a romantic glow, along with orange lanterns and candles enclosed in glass spread out along the beach. On the sand lay a thick blanket along with some cushions, a picnic basket, a bottle of wine and  two glasses. This entire thing was exactly like what you read about in romance novels and saw in movies, but maybe just a little more perfect.