Chapter-39

Before we start, I was wondering if you guys are okay with me doing a Qotd thing with each chapter, where I ask y'all questions about yourselves (which you answer only if you wish to) and I give my answer to it too? Do let me know- it'll be super fun, I think, and will help us get to know each other better!❤

**

Sun rays peeped into Annika's room much to her displeasure, and waking up, she realized she had overslept- a result of all the exhaustion of the past few days. She stretched and smiled widely, happy that her first planned party had gone so well, before stopping midway with her arms in the air, as memories of what had happened afterwards creeped in. She was now, officially as long as it concerned the outer world, Shivaay Singh Oberoi's girlfriend. Groaning, she jumped out of bed and grabbed the newspaper that had been slid in through under her door. Thankfully, no picture of hers had made an appearance on the front page, since the country had much graver issues to deal with. The business page, however, showcased a picture of her and Shivaay in full length, along with a huge article. Annika grimaced as she saw the photo- it was from last night, when Shivaay had made his not-so-subtle announcement, and her face was devoid of any smile. In fact, her eyes were moistened, while Shivaay's were red-rimmed. Shuddering, she read the headline atop the article.

Meet the Businessman of the Year and his gorgeous new girlfriend!

Annika rolled her eyes at that, wondering how someone would ever find it worth reading. Skimming her eyes through the article, she realized that it contained the mini interview she and Shivaay had given during the Business event. Sighing, she kept the paper away, and turned on the tv. Surfing to one of those Bollywood masala type of channels, she found her face on the screen. This time, she was surprised as the photo they were showing had been taken from her Instagram account- the selfie she had posed for with Shivaay, who had captioned it Date night with Mister. As the picture took up one corner of the screen, a middle-aged lady on the other side kept on speaking in a fast speed.

"...and according to our sources, Shivaay Singh Oberoi and his girlfriend, Annika, happen to be childhood sweethearts! Isn't that adorable..."

"Oh God," Annika groaned, turning off the tv and throwing away the remote in anger. These media channels really knew how to spread fake news; it had been only a mere few hours since the news had come out, and there were already laughable rumours surrounding her and Shivaay. Grabbing her phone, Annika first and foremost made her Instagram account private. Next, she looked at all the messages and calls she had received since last night- there were MANY.

Practically everyone from the Oberoi Family had texted her, apologising for Shivaay's behaviour. She was pissed, yes, but at him. No one else had anything to do with it, so patiently, she sent replies to each and everyone, assuring them that she was okay and it wasn't their fault. As expected, she had various texts and missed calls from her friends too, who had surely heard the news by now. Only Chanda, Annika's best friend, knew of the fake dating fiasco, and Annika would have to do a lot of explaining to her other friends, some of whom she didn't trust enough to let in on the truth.

There were a few messages from Shivaay, too, who had been shooed away from her house last night as soon as she had been fed. It seemed that he would stay true to his word this time and make her forgive him fully, since his good morning texts had already arrived.

Good morning, love.

Are you awake?

Can I come over?

Missing you

Also, kisses from a few days are pending ;)

Annika rolled her eyes at this man's audacity, and decided to call him. He picked up before the first ring had even finished.