Chapter-73

The next day, much to everyone's glee, Shivaay announced during breakfast that they would go sight-seeing, and asked everyone to get ready in an hour. Annika didn't need to be told twice and ran up without even finishing her breakfast. Shivaay, rolling his eyes at her childishness, ran after her, while Rudra and Om snickered at the scene. In the room, Annika was busy taking out her clothes from their wardrobe, when Shivaay went and hugged her from behind, placing a kiss on the side of her head.

"Where are we going today?" She asked.

"To see this volcano in Kintamani."

"Volcano?" Annika scrunched up her nose, "Agar erupt ho gaya, toh?"

"It won't," Shivaay chuckled. Still unconvinced, Annika got back ot her task of choosing an outfit, while Shivaay got himself busy in inhaling the fragrance of her hair. Then, trailing his mouth to her ear, he whispered-

"I have a surprise for you, tonight."

Annika's eye lit up, and she turned around in his arm, bouncing up and down.

"What is it?" 

"It won't be a surprise if I tell you, right?" Shivaay rolled his eyes. Annika pouted. 

"But I really hope you'll like it," Shivaay continued, an apprehensice tone to his voice, that made Annika wary. Cupping his face in her hands, she made him look into her eyes.

"What's wrong?" She asked, but he only shook his head and hugged her tight.

"As long as you're here, nothing's wrong," He mumbled against her shoulder, making Annika smile.

**

Mount Batur in Kintamani was a volcano set against a beautiful background of green forestry and a clear skyline. Naturally, people weren't allowed to go close to the volcano, since it was an active one, but they still had an amazing view of it. Everyone was excitedly taking pictures, while also roaming around and buying things in some local stalls nearby. Annika, wearing a printed white crop top with bell sleeves and a ribbon tied in the middle, stood with her hand in Shivaay's, staring at the splendid view, a strong wind messing up her open hair. While she was mesmerized by the breathtaking scenery, Shivaay kept on staring at her, admiring the beauty that she was. He, for his part, looking amazing in a white tee, paired with a denim jacket and ripped jeans.

When Annika turned to look at Shivaay, she turned pink to see him admiring her, a deep look in his eyes

When Annika turned to look at Shivaay, she turned pink to see him admiring her, a deep look in his eyes. She had noticed, since morning, that he seemed a little disoriented, probably even nervous about something, but no matter how many times she asked him, he wouldn't budge.

"Bhaiya, didi, look here!"

When they both turned upon hearing Rudra's voice, the younger guy took a picture of them against the gorgeous background, with both of them holding hands. Giving them a toothy grin, Rudra walked away to carry on with his photography elsewhere, and Shivaay suggested they go have lunch. It was a difficult task to gather everyone together, but with Khanna around, no one had to work too hard. Together, they all entered a cozy Balinese restaurant, that had an open terrace providing a view of the volcano. After settling down and finishing lunch, and taking many more pictures, including group photos, they were all off again, back to the hotel. Since Kintamani was quite far from their resort, by the time they reached, the sun had started to set. Annika was eager to go back to their room and maybe cuddle with Shivaay while watching TV, but he stopped her before she made her way into the elevator.

"Hey, um, I have some work downstairs- need to clear payments of the hotel and all. You go ahead, alright?"

Annika frowned.

"I can wait till you're done," She suggested.

"No no!" Shivaay said, a little too quickly. "I mean, it's okay, you must be tired. Just... go, alright? I'll see you soon."

Before Annika could call him out on this weird behaviour, he had pecked her forehead, and walked away. Shrugging her shoulders, Annika too made her way upstairs.

**

"What if she rejects me?"

As Om and Rudra heard their brother say this for the umpteenth time in the last few minutes, they sighed. 

"She won't, Shivaay! Have faith on your love."

"Bhaiya, we can all see that Annika didi loves you."

Shivaay smiled at that, before frowning the next moment.

"But what if she hasn't realized that she loves me? I mean, that's highly possible, since it took me so long to realize I love her, too!"

"Shivaay, ab pyaar kiya hai toh risk toh lena hi pade ga na? All you can do is admit your feelings to Annika, and then what her reply will be, is entirely up to her."

Shivaay nodded at that, tying his tie into a knot and straightening it out. Smoothing out his blazer, he turned to face his brothers, from where he stood in front of the mirror.

" How do I look?" He asked, nervously, spreading his hands out slightly to let them judge. Rudra smacked a kiss at him, while Om nodded appreciatively.

"You look khidkitod, bhaiya," Rudra winked. "Annika didi will become lattoo on you!"

Even as he rolled his eyes, Shivaay smiled at how Annika's language had made it's way to every member in the family. Putting on some perfume, Shivaay was finally ready to go, and pocketed his phone after sending a message to Khanna.

"I'm off, guys," He announced, looking up at his brothers again. They got up from the bed, and came forward to hug him.

"Best of luck," They both chanted, while he could only smile back. His heart was beating faster than ever, and he had never been so nervous in his life. Not before exams, not before his first ever deal. Never.

As he walked out, Om and Rudra stared after him, silently praying that everything goes well for their brother tonight. For the first time, Shivaay was doing something solely for himself, and they hoped that he get all the happiness in this world, in the form of Annika.

**

Putting on her earring and finally finishing getting ready, Annika stood up from the stool and checked herself out on the mirror. She had to admit- she looked really good. Maybe even khidkitod khoobsurat, she would say. Grinning, she wore her heels, and waited.

When she had walked into their room, Annika had been met with a beautiful dress layed across their bed, with matching accessories and a note. It read-

Can't wait to see you in this, 

my gorgegous girl. Get ready in an hour,Khanna will pick you up. 
Waiting <3

Yours, Shivaay.

That had made her blush, and she was reminded of Shivaay's promise of a surprise from the morning. While taking a bath and getting ready, her mind had kept on dwelling on all the possible surprises he could give, but it did nothing except raise her hopes. Because surely, the idea that he would, maybe, confess his feeling for her, was too far-fetched. Smiling sadly, Annika had given up on the idea, and decided to just wait and watch. Since this was Shivaay, she knew that whatever he did, would be beautiful.

As the door bell rang and Annika got up to open it, she was met with a dorkily smiling  Khanna ji.

"Ready, ma'am?" He asked, looking overly excited, for some reason. Annika narrowed her eyes in confusion, but nodded nonetheless. Grabbing the key card, she followed him out.

And at that time, Annika had no clue that the night held something so beautiful for her.

**

This is probably not up to the mark and I apologize, but the idea of writing the proposal scene after prolonging it for so long has me in a nervous wreck 🙈. The next update will hopefully have what you all have been waiting for since so long, and again, I apologize in advance in case I disappoint :(

Moodboards by Amyra <3