Chapter-44

Annika was stuck in the despicable Mumbai traffic, tapping her fingers impatiently against the handle of her Champa, when her phone rang. She knew without even looking that it was Shivaay, and that she would now have to listen to his usual lecture about how 'riding a scooty wasn't safe and he would have come and picked her up anyway'. Rolling her eyes at the inevitable, she picked up.

"Babe, are you at home? I'm coming to pick you up."

Sighing heavily, Annika shook her head before answering, knowing he would throw a fit.

"No, Shivaay, I'm not at home. I'm already off to Oberoi Mansion," she stated firmly.

"You are? How are you going? Please don't tell me you're riding that ridiculous-"

"Do not finish that sentence!" Annika exclaimed, caressing her Champa lovingly. "I'm going however I want to, you don't have to worry, baggad billa!" Saying so, she hung up, knowing that she would have to deal with the consequences later. It was funny, though, imagining Shivaay's reaction to her outburst. He was probably getting that really dorky, adorable look on his face right now. The traffic started to move, and with a smile on her face, Annika started to, too.

Reaching Oberoi Mansion, she was taken aback by the number of people in the hall, since it was usually deserted due to the fact that most members were busy with their own work during this time. Currently, the hall echoed with laughter, and there was a vibrancy in the air which was only brought about when a family got together after long. Entering the large gates, after smiling back to the two guards standing there, Annika saw Pinky aunty, Jhanvi aunty and Dadi sitting with their relatives. Amongst them sat a young couple, who she guessed to be Abhay and Tanya.

As her presence was felt, the chitter-chatter died away, and everyone turned to look at her. Annika felt a bit self-conscious under the gaze of so many people, who seemed to be scrutinizing her. Thankfully, Pinky aunty gave her a big smile and came forward to hug her. 

"Oh My Mata, Annika, you're here! Come, everyone has been waitings to meet you!"

Giving her a small smile, Annika followed her towards where everyone sat. Apart from Abhay and Tanya, there were three ladies, and two men, all of them older people.

"Peoples, meet my Shivaay's girlfriend- Annika."

Blushing, Annika looked up to find everyone smiling at her. One of the ladies, a plump woman, was the first to speak.

"Areh wah, Pinky, Shivaay's girlfriend is very beautiful!"

The others hummed in response, while Annika beamed. Pinky made her sit down, and introduced her to everyone. It seemed that two of them were Abhay's parents, two were Tanya's mama-mami, while the other lady was a distant cousin of Tej and Shakti. 

"Sachhi, ha," the lady- who was Shivaay's buaji- continued, "Your future bahu is very sundar!"

Again, Annika's cheeks turned pink. Future bahu- if only!

"I knows," Pinky said proudly, lovingly caressing Annika's hair. "Only the best for my Shivaay!"

Soon, they started talking again, and Annika got herself acquainted with everyone, her extroverted nature and yet polite and bubbly personality winning everyone over in a short time. She talked to Abhay and Tanya as well, and both of them seemed to be really nice. Tanya was a bit quite in nature- probably the result of being the dulhan!- but Abhay was very friendly, and he and Annika hit it off instantly. Soon, they were joined by the other members of the family, sans Shivaay.

"I'm telling you, Abhay bhaiya," Rudra said, the three brothers and Annika chilling out, "Shivaay bhaiya is totally lattu over Annika didi! You'll be seeing a lot of PDA in the next few days- ouch!"