Chapter-16

Annika may have been talking to Mrs. Malhotra but her entire focus wasn't with the woman. It was on a certain Kanji aankhonwala baggad billa who was hell bent on showing her his  trademark tadi and frustrate her to no ends. Admittedly, she had acted quite difficult in the morning, but the girl was trying to apologize, wasn't she?! If only he would give her a chance. But no, he was acting like the sadu that he was by not replying to any of her calls or texts, and there had been many such calls and texts from her part.

"Annika, are you alright?" The smooth and concerned voice of Mrs. Malhotra brought Annika back from her thoughts, which had been filled with 101 ways to murder a certain Mr. Oberoi.

"Yeah, why?" She asked with a tight smile, and mentally cursed Shivaay for putting her in this situation.

"You seem quite distracted," the older woman said, before adding, "and so does someone else." Here, she looked pointedly at her son, who was sitting behind his desk with a laptop in front, staring at them. He averted his eyes as soon as he caught his mother's teasing gaze.

"It's nothing like that, aunty," Annika assured her, and they got back to discussing their work. The event was to take place in 2 weeks, and they had already decided on a venue. It was to be held at The Grand Palace Resort on the outskirts of Mumbai, and was going to be a huge event. Annika was looking forward to it all, but was also nervous at the prospect. It was going to be difficult to pull off on her own, as after finalizing everything with Rajashri aunty she would have to look at all the arrangements alone. Still, she had enough confidence in herself to know she could do it. But of course, if her "boyfriend" kept on throwing these tantrums, she would go crazy.

"I should leave now, aunty," Annika said while getting up, having spent the last 3 hours looking at themes, throwing around ideas, and what not. "I'll go check the sweet shop today itself to see if they'll cater for our event. See you tomorrow!" Saying that, she gave a quick hug to Mrs. Malhotra, a wave accompanied by a bright smile to Rohit that had him swooning, and left.

"You should be more discreet with the fan-boying," Mrs. Malhotra told her son with a twinkle in her eyes once Annika had left. Rohit turned red in the face, chose to ignore the comment, and returned to his work hurriedly.

Annika checked her phone for the umpteenth time that day while leaving the Malhotra Industry Building, but there was nothing from Shivaay. Scowling, she cursed him in her mind.

"What does he think of himself, the stupid baggad billa," she muttered angrily to herself while starting Champa. "Showing so much tadi. Huh, even I am Annika. Khidkitod Annika. Even I'll not talk to him anymore, tab saari tadi nikal jayegi."

Deciding resolutely to not call or text him anymore, Annika made her way towards the sweet shop aunty had recommended. Not before sending a message to Rudy, though, saying that she would attend the movie. Sahil wouldn't be able to make it as he had a birthday party to attend. Smirking, Annika thought about just how much fun it would be to give a cold shoulder to Shivaay tonight, and watch him go mad.

**

Shivaay sat in his office, having trouble concentrating on the meeting because his thoughts were surrounded by a certain woman who had pissed him off in the morning. It had taken everything in him to not call back or reply to her texts, but he wasn't known as a cool and composed man for nothing. And he had to admit, it had been so much fun getting all her apology messages, and gave him a lot of pleasure to have so much of her attention. Rudra had texted saying that everyone was going to the movie, and asking if he was, and Shivaay had of course replied in the affirmative. He would be getting the honor of being pacified by Ms. Annika tonight and he wouldn't miss it for the world. Grinning, Shivaay thought that's what she should get for hanging up on him after complimenting that darned Rohit. The very thought of the man, and how he had the opportunity of seeing his Annika- er, just Annika- everyday, made Shivaay's blood boil.

"So, Mr. Oberoi, do we have the deal?" A very hesitant Mr. Mundhra asked Shivaay, who was busy staring at his phone, reading a text message from Annika for the hundredth time. This particular one went like Are you angry with me? :( , and made Shivaay smile very dazedly.

"Uh, Mr.Oberoi?" the man tried again, and Shivaay looked up. Everyone in the board room was confused and surprised by his sudden behavior, as he rarely ever smiled at other times but couldn't stop grinning now.

"Of course we have the deal, Mr. Mundhra. It's a lovely day to make a deal." Saying so, he stood up to shake the hand of a very flabbergasted Mr. Mundhra, while the other occupants of the room stared in shock. This was extremely uncharacteristic of the Shivaay Singh Oberoi they knew.

After the meeting had finished, Shivaay sat on his chair looking forward to their movie night ardently. The very thought of meeting Annika again had him feeling giddy inside, especially after the kiss last night. Involuntarily, his hand moved to his left cheek. Gosh, he was totally acting like a teenager with a crush, and had to literally shake himself to regain his strict demeanor. He checked his phone again with a smile, though, but frowned the very next moment when he realized he hadn't gotten any text from Annika in the past hour. This was weird, since she had been messaging him non-stop since morning. Did something happen? Was she okay? Should he call? But that just wouldn't do, would it? He had to keep up his fake anger facade till the movie, and thus have the chance of hearing her apologize. Thinking that she was probably just busy with her work, Shivaay got back to his own, in order to get everything done for the day before the movie.

**

Annika was giddy with excitement at the prospect of the night and of teaching Shivaay a lesson. Her initial plan had been to ignore him but standing in front of her mirror, she thought, why not spice it up a bit? It wouldn't hurt to look dashing while ignoring him, after all. That would teach him not to mess with her in the future. Smirking evilly, Annika grabbed her clothes and proceeded to get ready for the night. Gone was Shy Annika, and Bold Annika would blow his mind in a way, that Shivaay Singh Oberoi wouldn't know what had hit him. The fact that a certain someone had called her up today after many years, and she had politely requested him to join them for the movie, would add fuel to the fire.

Annika couldn't wait to see Shivaay's reaction as she introduced him to Mayank tonight.

To anyone who has forgotten, Mayank is the guy Annika had mentioned about to Shivaay on their date night.

Hope everyone liked the chapter, and don't forget to vote and comment if you did! I'll try and update again tomorrow, as after that I'll be super busy.