Chapter-42

No Qotd today- instead, I wanted to propose an idea that I've had in my mind for a while. I'm thinking of starting a new book. Basically, a 'One Shot Series' on Shivika, but it might occasionally have other couples too, including non-canon ones! 

Now the twist here is, I'm thinking of taking requests on stories, meaning- if you have a plot in your head for an OS that you want to read, but are too lazy to write (which I can relate to), I'd be willing to write it. I'm quite excited for the idea, as i want to feature couples such as NarBhi, and even SurNal too! It will be entirely on Ishqbaaaz people, though.

Let me know what you think of the idea, guys. If you guys are excited about it too, I'll be more motivated to start 😂 Also, know that it won't affect the updating of The Dating Charade in any way. 

Okay now, on with the story!

**

A few days later, Annika found herself having a casual lunch date with her dearest friend, Mallika. It was sort of for work purposes too, since Annika wanted Mallika to design her new office, but overall, it had been quite long since they had caught up anyway.

"So, tell me," Mallika started, once their food had arrived, "How do you want the office to be? Chic and girlish, or suave and classy?"

Annika shrugged. Her office- which she had found quite by chance while roaming around the streets of a kind of posh, industrial area- wasn't very large to begin with. She didn't need, or as a matter of fact could afford, anything bigger than a small room situated on the top floor of an old office building. It wouldn't need much decorating as a result, but some renovation was due, and Annika had instantly thought of having it done by Mallika's company, along with taking her advice on how the interior should look.

"It's up to you, really," Annika said. "I completely trust your taste, so whatever you think would suit best is fine."

"Hmm," Mallika tapped her chin while thinking, a concentrated look on her face, "let me think. Well, naturally, since you're an event manager, your office will have to look attractive to clients. It should also reflect your personality, so I'm thinking, a lot of colours?"

Annika smiled excitedly, and nodded like a child. She loved colours.

"I also think you should decorate it with, confetti or something-"

"Oh no no," Annika interrupted before Mallika could finish, "Shivaay hates confetti."

As soon as the words left her mouth, Annika bit her tongue, while Mallika laughed teasingly.

"Okay, no confetti then, or your boyfriend will get angry!"

Annika smiled sheepishly. The past few days had had her talking to Shivaay practically all day, so his name was always on the tip of her tongue. She mentally reprimanded herself for being so obsessed about him. If he ever got a whiff of it, he would never stop teasing her.

"Anyway, how's it going with Shivaay anyway?" Mallika asked as they dug into their delicious lunch of rice and lamb.

"Perfect," Annika replied with her mouthful. "Just perfect."

"Aw, that's nice. You know Annika, I'm SO happy that Shivaay found you. You guys are just, made for each other, you know?"

Annika smiled stiffly. Hearing all this was making her feel terrible about lying to Mallika, who had been one of their shippers from the beginning, and not to mention was a really good friend. She would love to tell the truth to her, to confide in her and say what was actually happening, but she knew it wouldn't sit well with Shivaay. He was absolutely against the idea of anyone else other than close family knowing the truth, and the fact that Mallika's husband was a business rival only made matters worse.