Chapter One: This Will Hurt.

~~~

Three years. It's been exactly three years since he's rescued me. Yes, he had to hide me in fear that he'd get in trouble and I would be killed.

Of course, it's not like he just suddenly decided to pick the dying teenager that I was off the side of the road, we go back quite a few years. When I was only 12, and he was 13, we were completely inseparable.

  We went on ANBU missions together, among other childish things. Now, he is my savior. He rescued me when I was at my weakest, being chased by ninjas after I stole a scroll full of forbidden Justu, only a year after Itachi killed his whole clan.

Even with him being 'emotionless', he couldn't just leave me to die, even if it was better for him. I'm among the only people who truly knew of his intentions.

To my once beloved village, I was nothing but a rouge ninja, and it's what I'll always be. Not to Itachi. I'm important to him. 

Today's the day he comes to check on me again. Twice a week he does so. Occasionally, he asks me to join him in Akatsuki missions.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Itachi must be here. I flung the door open, and gasp a little bit at the sight in front of me. A hole, right on his right hip. Blood poured out, onto his hands covering the wound, then down his cloak, and then, the dirt path.

"Itachi? What happened to you?" He struggled with his words, he's loosing blood.. fast.

"An.. Ice style user. Kisame stayed.. behind.. to finish the job." He stumbled and fell forward, and I swiftly caught him. Looking at his wound, it's fresh enough for me to heal it almost fully with a medical ninjutsu.

"I've got you, don't speak or move." I say. I Lay him gently on my bed, not worrying about the blood, and gently yet quickly pull off his cloak. I weave a couple of hand signs and a sea-foam greenish orb appears around and in my hands. I take a deep breath.

"This'll hurt, a lot."