Chapter Seven: Akatsuki's Hideout.

Then we were off.

~~~

Using the forbidden jutsu I've learned from the scroll that got me here in the first place, I've developed a blade that produces a poison. It's purpose is to quickly eat away at chakra. Any chakra based attacks would be virtually useless with a cut from my Katana. The poison doesn't kill the enemy; or even hurt them, but the loss of chakra allows me to kill them myself much easier due to the loss of energy.

The path Itachi and I are walking on is nearly non-existent. It's small; hardly wide enough for two people to walk on side-by-side, and the brush is growing on top of it. Drops and small pools of blood can be seen in the lush grass, likely Itachi's blood from his journey to my house. Could I even call it my own house anymore?

~~~

"I am Pain, the Akatsuki's leader." An orange-haired man said to me. The cave Itachi brought me too is dark, and cold. From what Itachi told me on our journey here, the Akatsui members are hard to get along with and usually unkind. I don't plan on approaching any of them first.

Pain continues on, "Welcome to the Akatsuki." With that, a very pretty, purple-haired woman gave me a neatly folded cloak, the same as Itachi's and walks back up to her place next to Pain.

"I'll show you to your room, Akira." Itachi walks further into the vast cave; clearly he knows where he's going.

He leads me into a person-sized hole, inside is multiple doors. He stops at one, and speaks.

"This is where you will stay. If you need me for anything, I'll be right here." Itachi points to the room across from mine. With that, Itachi left me alone.

I let out a sigh as I fall onto the surprisingly soft blanket on the bed. Maybe I should put my things away.

I get off the bed and open the duffel bag.

Clothes: closet.

Katana and harness: under my bed.

Shampoo, conditioner, ect: a shelf in the closet.

Books and scrolls: another shelf.

Hopefully things can get more exciting than what they are currently.

~~~

I'm sitting in a chair in the corner of my room reading when I see a blonde haired person in my doorway. Hmm, he's probably much younger than me. I look up from my book.

"Yes?" I ask uninterested.

"Pain has summoned you." He looked around and stepped in, clearly interested in what 'the new girl' has brought with her.

"Thank you. Please get out of my room now, kid." I walk past him, and he steps out.

"I'm not a kid, hm." He says as he walks behind me, and into what I assume is his room.

Hearing the echo of my footsteps in the large cave made the walk to Pain seem longer than it actually was. I make it to the meeting room, and Pain isn't there. In his place, a hologram of himself.

"You summoned me?" I look around the room.

"Yes, I have a mission for you." A mission already? Although I've only been here four days, it seems nice to finally be able to do so. It's been 3 years since I've had a proper mission, and I'm pumped.

I nod, and Pain speaks up again. "Kisame is wounded badly and being treated, so you will be accompanying Itachi on this mission. It's simple, therefore you will take no more than a week to complete it."

"May I ask what the mission is?"

"Itachi will explain on the way, you are to leave immediately."

"Understood, thank you." I run to my room quickly and throw on my usual outfit, Katana harness, (with the Katana, of course.) and then my cloak, which I hadn't had a chance to wear yet. It is surprisingly heavy.

I guess this is my first mission in three years. My first mission as a member of the Akatsuki.

A/N:(I'm aware that only 4 years after itachi joined the akatsuki all of the members likely weren't there yet, but I'm allowing them to all be there already since I think it'll help story development.)