Chapter Eighteen: Samichi's Introductions.

I could have sworn he would use some kind of jutsu on me, and kill me right away, but he didn't. He told me to explain her abilities and I told him that her ability to move easy and my speed would work well together, since I already needed a partner. I was assigned to show her to her room, which I did. It's the one next to mine, unfortunately.

~~~

Despite having similar agility, Samichi and I are much too different to ever truly be friends, like Deidara and I, or Itachi.

Itachi!

Itachi doesn't know I'm back yet. I sneak across the dark hallway and quietly knock on his door. He opens it just as quietly. I flashed a small smile and walked past him into his room. There was hardly anything in it, apart from a small photo on his nightstand. Pictured in it, was Fugaku and Mikoto, Itachi's parents standing in the back, Itachi in the center, holding the hand of a barely three-year-old Sasuke. Sasuke. I've nearly forgotten about the little Uchiha begging for big-brother Itachi's company.

Before I had a chance to think about our past any further, Itachi's arms snaked around my waist.

"You didn't tell me you were back." He whispered in my ear.

"I just got back." I told him.

"How did things go?"

"With Samichi or Deidara?" I laughed as I brought my hands around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"Both, I suppose."

"Deidara, we've grown close in the past five months. He's like a brother to me. As for Samichi, looks like I have a new partner." Itachi dropped his arms from me, as did I.

"Oh?"

"Yep. I-" Right on que, Itachi's door swung open, purple hair shining in the glow of the hallway, it was Samichi.

Speak of the devil.

"Akira, where's- Well hey, there, what's your name?" Samichi poked Itachi's stomach, on his abs.

Too close.

I smacked her hand away. And when it returned to it's spot on Itachi's body, I grabbed her my the arm and flipped her around me. With my speed, she didn't even have time to comprehend what was happening until she was flat on the cold ground.

"What was that for?!" She shouted.

"Too close." I simply said.

"Ah, so this is your boy toy, huh." She stood up and stretched. My left eye twitched uncontrollably.

"Listen here, you bi-" I didn't get a chance to finish my speech before Itachi inturrupted us.

"I'm not her boy toy. I'm her boyfriend. My name is Itachi Uchiha." He stuck his hand out, and she shook it.

This is fine. My boyfriend knows what to do in stressful situations. Well, stressful for me, at least.

"Yeah, I know who you are. If it wasn't for the things I already know, I'd probably still know who you are, what you did." Did this kid just blatantly flirt with Itachi and follow it up with an insult?

Itachi merely closed his eyes, and asked her name.

"I'm Samichi, Akira is my partner for missions and such, yadda yadda yadda." Annoying.

"Good to meet you." He said.

"Yeah, good to meet both of you, but Itachi and I were busy. Buh-bye, now."

"Oh-ho-ho! I understand." She winked and walked away, waving her petite hand at Itachi. My eyes widened and I blushed deeply, but decided not to say anything further. Instead, I walked over to Itachi and planted my lips on his and held them there like I was going to die if we pulled apart.

Alas, we did.

"Good to see you again, Itachi." I pecked his lips once more and felt his smile brush against my own lips. Great to see you again.