Chapter Twelve: Fine.

Akira, are you alright? Akria!" Itachi yelled. I'm in his arms. I look around, and all those people are dead. Thank you Itachi. For the third time, Itachi Uchiha has saved me.

~~~

"Itachi, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to leave you to-" He stopped her by placing a slow kiss on her tremblimg lips. Bodies of various enemies surrounded them; making for quite the strange kiss. Itachi pulled away and looked deep into her hazel eyes.

"I'm glad that you're okay. What happened to you?" He never pulled his eyes off of my face. His own face was consistently the same through their entire time retrieving the scroll, while I'm not so good at this, and tears welled up and spilled over like a wave.

"Michi." I muttered and left Itachi's grip. I'd nearly forgotten about the things that had happened that night, my brother trying to kill me, my first time being saved by Itachi.

Images filled my head like a movie, all of the same thing. Michiko Hattori, my brother. His blonde hair fell over his brown eyes; bloodlust in them. Myself gasping for air. All things I'd wish to forget. I could never forget such things.

"Itachi, we should eat before leave. I don't want to starve on the way back."

"Yes." Itachi put his hand on the small of my back and led me out.

At the entrance of this damned place lied a man. A tired, beaten up man. The same man who'd attempted to stop us from entering.

Without giving the pleading man a single glance, I threw a Shuriken at his chest and killed him.

~~~

After eating enough food for four of us, we were back on the road. I'm surprised the little village didn't have any security. I reach into my sachel and run my fingers across the scroll and pull it out. I was expecting it to be a bit bigger. Small is fine, though. Less trouble for me to carry.

"If we are attacked, I want you to go ahead. Your job now is to protect the scroll, Akira." He must be joking.

"What? I'm not leaving you."

"Yes you are. I'll meet you back at the hideout." What do I do when you're upset? It's been a while. So, I fell to the ground. I didn't move. I just stayed on my side. Itachi looked at me, not an angry look, just an 'Akira-what-are-you-doing-get-out-of-the-dirt' look.

~Flashback~

"Itachi, please? It'll be super fun, promise." I whined.

"How would something like that be any fun?"

"It's just a game of tag! Please, one round. Swear I'll stop bugging you after."

"No, play by yourself." I replied by dropping onto the stone floor.

"Fine, I'll play."

~Flashback Over~

"Okay, you can stay. Don't die." He smirked at me, knowing exactly what I had just done. I jump off the dirt and smirk. I win.