Chapter Five: Love.

Back to my room, Itachi was already in bed, fast asleep. I slip into my soft blankets, sure to be as far away from Itachi as possible without falling out of it and still being comfortable. Quickly, I fall asleep myself.

~~~

I wake up the next morning to Itachi's arms wrapped around my waist. Although I was kind of confused by it, I didn't bother to move. I stayed in his arms, I place my hands over his. I close my eyes and wait for Itachi to wake up. Light from outside poured in through cracks in my curtains, disallowing me to fit in any more sleep. I feel Itachi move a little bit, signaling that he was awake.

"Itachi?" I asked to the figure next to me. He replied with a "hmm?"

"I'm going to take a shower." I slide out of his grip, and he seems to just now notice his arms had been around me.

"Alright, I'm sorry for putting my arms around you, Akira. That wasn't appropriate without your permission." He crawled out of the bed and walked over to me.

"No reason to apologize. It's-It's been a while since I felt the way I did with your arms around me." I smiled.

The thing this man does to me, it's bittersweet. Whatever "it" is.

"What is that feeling?" I surely wasn't expecting that question, I wasn't expecting a reply at all.

"I don't know. I've never felt it before." I blush at my embarrassment. I wish I could tell him how I truly felt, but I really don't know. Itachi laughed at me.

"What's so funny?" I flash his a small glare before looking down at the floor not to show my blush. He steps closer to me and put his hand on my cheek gently.

"You will know in time." I didn't bother to finish the conversation, instead grabbed my clothes for the day and headed to the bathroom, being sure to lock the door. Not that I don't trust him, just that he's been acting strangely since yesterday.

I strip my clothes after turning on the water to take my shower, and I step in and allow the cold water to hit my hair and skin. Cold water helps me to think.

Once I have my clothes on, I brush, then pull my medium-length, dark brown hair into a braid and brush my teeth.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I see Itachi sitting at the dining table eating eggs, reminding me how hungry I was. Eggs sound great right now, but my muscles are sore from my training with Itachi yesterday evening. So, instead of eggs, I settle for coffee. Plain old black coffee.

I can't help but to think about Itachi's words earlier. What did he mean? Confusion clearly written on my face, I sit across from Itachi at the table and blow on my scalding hot coffee.

"Itachi, can I see your wound?" Itachi stopped eating and looked at me.

"Of course." He replied as he made his way over to me and took off his shirt. Once more, I can't help but to stare. His body is so toned, much more than I'd expected when he first arrived with his wound. I rub my hand down his chest, and to the rather large scar where he'd been hit by an ice-style user.

"Does this hurt at all?" I push down on the area around the wound.

"No." He said simply. He grabbed my hand that was in his body and pulled me up to him and hugged me tightly.

That feeling from yesterday when he kissed me and this morning when his arms were around me. I feel it again. What the hell is this? It's not the same as the worry I felt when he was hurt, so what is it?

Is this what love feels like?

"Itachi, I love you." I mumble to myself.

"I love you too, Akira." Is this what he meant when he said I'd know the feeling in time?