Chapter Thirteen: New Faces.

"Okay, you can stay. Don't die." He smirked at me, knowing exactly what I had just did. I jump off the dirt and smirk. I win.

~~~

Pain took the scroll and did god knows what with it. Back to re-reading old novels about all kinds of things.

My daily routine nowadays consists of training, reading, and necessities, like eating and showering and such.

For now, I decide to go outside for a while. I was against a rock with my eyes shut when I realized I was being watched. I immediately hop up, and look around. On top of my rock, was a certain blonde-haired child. The same one I'd met before I set off for my mission.

"What're you doing here, kid?" I cross my arms over my chest. His face scrunches up.

"Damn, I'm not a kid, hm." I roll my brown eyes and he jumps down to me.

"Okay, then. Who are you?" I ask the short boy. I'm genuinely curious, this is only my second time meeting the boy, and besides Itachi, Pain, and Kisame he's the only person I know around here.

"It's Deidara. Not kid." Maybe it's not in my best interest to mess with the other Akatsuki members. They're all big-time criminals, after all. Just like me.

"Alright, Deidara." The kid looked up at me as if he was awaiting instructions.

"What are ya doing on my rock, lady?" He should learn my name as well, then he can adress me with such sass. I flick Deidara's forehead.

"I'm Akira Hattori, Kid." I've grown pretty fond of calling Deidara Kid. He'll just learn to live with his new nickname.

"Wanna see some art?" He asks me. The look in Deidara's visible blue eye is one of mischief.

"Hmm.. this could be interesting. Show me your art." I reply. He smirked and reached into a pouch. A mouth on his hand began to.. chew? Yuck.. Soon enough, he held his hand out and a pure white bird, probably the size of my hand flew into a lone tree.

He began to whisper, "Three. Two. One." When he finished, the bird exploded itself, the tree, and some nearby woods.

Well, I guess I was right. How interesting.

"That's my art." He stood proudly next to me.

"Very impressive. I can't do anything like that, but I can do this.

I put up a hand sign. "Fire Style: Dragon Flame Jutsu!" A ball of flame in the shape of a dragon's head emerged from my mouth. I directed it quickly to the three surviving trees from Deidara's explosion.

They caught on fire, quickly spread to each other. Deidara caught notice.

"The whole forest is gonna-" I stopped him by grabbing by the arm and closer to the fire, burning hot. The next thing I'll use is a mid-range attack.

At lightning speed, I weave a few hand signs. "Water Style: Great Cannon Ball Jutsu!" With that, the flames and trees were nothing but steaming ash now. Being above Jōnin level, I'm able to utilize more than just my water chakra nature, but also, with immense training from Itachi, learned to use fire chakra nature as well.

"Pretty neat, huh?" I asked him. His lips curled into a smirk.

"Yeah, I guess so. Hm."