Chapter Nineteen: Birthday Dinner.

"Good to see you again, Itachi." I pecked his lips once more and felt his smile brush against my own lips. Great to see you again.

~~~

All week long since I got back from retrieving Samichi. All she has done is flirt with Itachi and annoy me. She's quite the flirty girl for a fourteen year-old. I've done countless things to get her to lay off, but she always gets her way. Although Itachi always finds a way to reassure me, she still bothers me.

"Itachiii, how about you make me some dinner?" Samichi said in a sing-songey voice.

"No, thank you. I have things to do." He's so polite, even when there's a child essentially asking him out to dinner.

"Itachi is going to... train with me." With those words, I shot Samichi a death glare and prompted Itachi to follow me.

Once outside the base, I led Itachi to my favorite place, the boulder. Since Itachi had been a member of the Akatsuki for longer than I, I assumed he had already spent some time on the rock, I was wrong.

"You've never spent any time up here?"

"No, I haven't."

"Why not? It's nice up here, you can face one way and watch the sun rise, then turn the other way and watch it set."

"It is quite peaceful." Itachi leaned down and placed a kiss on my lips, it's sudden-ness caused a light pink blush to cross my cheeks, which I covered with my thick hair. I say myself on the boulder, being sure not to slip on one of the many ridges.

"Do you want dinner?" Itachi said, referring to Samichi's request.

"I am hungry. If it's too much trouble, you don't need to make me anything." Then Itachi said something I didn't particularly want to hear.

"Today's your birthday, you deserve something."

"What? How do you remember that?" My birthday is always something that I've kept to myself, the last thing that I want to do is to remind myself that I'm getting older. The person I used to celebrate with, even when I didn't want to, was Michi. He'd gather both of our friends, even Itachi who Michi wasn't so fond of. This year, I'm turning nineteen.

"I've always remembered your birthday. Even when I couldn't be there for you." Itachi tapped my forehead lightly and kissed it.

"Itachi.." A few tears burned in my eyes. Itachi stood up, and put hosh and out for me to take it. Ido dxwndbhe led me back into the base, and to the kitchen, where he prepared dinner. Once finished, he sat a plate in front of me, and in front of himself, and sat down.

"Thank you, Itachi." I broke the silence.

"Anything for you."

"You know I don't like any kind of celebrations.."

"I've been to all the parties Michiko threw for you. You truly deserve something special each year." He took a bite, and I smiled. The one person who has always made me feel loved,through all of mine and his own hardships is sitting right in front of me.

"I love you, Itachi." I looked up at him only to see that he was already looking at me. A blush crossed my face once more.

"I love you, too." He smiled and took another bite.

When both of us were first finished our food, he washed the dishes, and led me to his bedroom.

What started out as lighthearted conversation, soon led to something much more, a heavy battle between tongues. My tight-fitting black shirt was laying on the floor, leaving me laying on his bed, exposed in my bra. Itachi, was laying on top of me. My breath was ragged, and each kiss he placed on my body was a yelp or a moan.

This'll be quite the birthday present..