Chapter Thirty: Any Other Day.

"Yes, hm. Any good news?"

"I'm pregnant." I said simply.

Deidara's eyes widened and he jumped on me, embracing me in a tight hug, I hugged him back.

"Does that mean I'm going to be like the baby's uncle?"

~~~

I lay on Itachi's bed, thinking about a number of things. I'm only roughly three months into my pregnancy, and I've already began worrying about things that shouldn't be worried about just yet.

What if the baby doesn't like me or Itachi?

Who will properly educate it?

What if half way through my pregnancy, something bad happens and it hurts the baby?

Then, there were more logical questions to be asking myself right now.

Will it have godparents? Who?

Should I convert my room into a nursery when the baby gets older?

Suddenly, I felt a kiss on my forehead. I look up to see Itachi hovering over me with a smile. I quickly pushed myself up to peck his lips.

I stand up and walk around Itachi.

"I'm going to take a shower."

"Alright. Be careful." Itachi placed a hand on the small bump that was my stomach.

"Of course I'll be careful." I said sarcastically as I placed my hand on Itachi's. It warmed my heart to see Itachi care for the baby and I so much, even for something as simple as a shower.

___

I get out of the shower to hear harsh movement on the other side of the door, in Itachi's room.

"Itachi?" I wrapped a grey towel around myself and slowly exited the bathroom. I see a large, buff-looking figure in the shadows. It takes me only a moment to realise it was only Kisame.

"What are you digging around for?" I asked impatiently as I grabbed a blanket to further cover myself.

"Itachi sent me in to get him a hair tie, but I can't seem to find one." He continued to look around, moving things and not replacing them. I grab a hair tie off of my own wrist and give it to him.

"There, now get out so I can change." Kisame nodded and left the room quickly. I let out a heavy sigh and look through Itachi's closet. I don't find a shirt belonging to me, so I grab a dark blue shirt that's Itachi's. It was baggy enough to cover my belly. I find a pair of my pants, black tight-fitting ninja ones. I exit the bedroom and make my way to the living room. In it, there is Tobi, who is counting his fingers like a child, and Deidara, who is talking to Samichi. I chose not to engage with the latter, and decide to talk to Tobi.

"Hey, Tobi. What're you doing?" I take a seat next to him.

"Hi, Akira! Tobi is counting because he is bored."

"Ah, there isn't much to do here." Tobi shook his head and layed dramatically on the floor with a big sigh. I decided to leave Tobi to his boredom. I wander around looking for Itachi, before I spot him back in his room. He was cleaning up Kisame's mess. He noticed me standing there and turned to face me.

"Sorry, I should have cleaned this up." I walked over to Itachi.

"It's not your fault." He smiled and cupped my cheek with his hand. I arch a brow.

"You've been awfully affectionate as of lately." I tease him. He leans in close to my face.

"I can't help it." He played along. I smirk.

"It doesn't have anything to do with our baby, does it?"

"Hm, in part. Also in part is that I love you."

"I love you too, Itachi." I grin before pushing my lips into his. He gently places a hand on my belly, which causes me to blush and laugh simultaneously. I wasn't lying with my statement, in fact, it's an understatement. I love Itachi with every fiber of my being, and I want to share some of that love with our child, I want to start a family with Itachi.

The veil of selfishness that previously clouded my eyes, is gone, and I can clearly see the things that are truly important.