Chapter Twenty-Nine: Good News.

Itachi sighed, and before I knew it, I was back in the kitchen. Itachi gave me a solem look, one that I returned as I made my way to my bedroom.

~~~

It has been only one day since Itachi and I have talked to each other. I miss his warm touch and kind words. I've isolated myself from everyone, only coming out for necessities like food, using the bathroom, you know, things like that. I can't help but to feel bad, for Itachi and our baby. Sure, it could live a life full of being unsure where to turn next without accidentally getting killed. What's worse? Living a life not aware of her family. Her parents.

Maybe I was being selfish.

Maybe I was being childish.

I stand up and take a deep breath. Pushing my way through any doubts I could have, straight into Itachi's bedroom. He was sitting in a small love-seat with his head in his hands. When I entered, He merely glanced at me.

"Itachi.." I didn't have any time to finish my sentence before Itachi shot up from his seat and rushed over to me. He grasped both of my hands in his and looked right into my eyes. We didn't dare look away, like if we did so then world would come crashing down.

"Akira, I love you. There's nothing I want more than for us to be a family." I could feel my bottom lip quivering, like I was going to cry. When the tears did finally fall, Itachi wiped them away with a small smile. He then continued.

"And I do want for you to be happy. But I can't let you do anything with our baby but love and cherish it." He poked my forehead, which caused more tears to spill from my eyes. Itachi didn't bother to wipe them away, because this time I buried my head in his chest. He kissed my head and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Itachi. I realize that I was selfish. It was wrong to say thosen things. I feel terrible. I want.. our baby to grow up with love from it's parents, not to be abandoned. Abandonment is what caused my brother to snap, and do those terrible things. I don't ever want something like that to happen to our baby, Itachi. Please forgive me!" I said through thick, embarrassing sobs.

"Akira, I forgive you. I love you both." It took me a moment to realize that he was talking about our baby. I blushed lightly.

"We love you too, Itachi." I smiled. Itachi pulled away from me and gave me a concern look.

"We should discuss this with Pain." He said as he grabbed his discarded cloak and my hand.

___

"Sir, we have something we would like to discuss with you." Itachi said.

"Proceed." The deep growl of Pain echoed through the large office-area.

I took a deep breath, as did Itachi.

"Quickly, please. I have business to attend to." I hesitated, but decided it was best for me to continue the discussion.

"I'm.. pregnant." I said as I dropped my gaze from the purple eyes known as the Rinnegan to my feet.

"Pregnant? I assume the father to be Itachi."

"Yes, sir."

Pain sighed. "I see. I would like both of you to take mission leave for the next year. There are likely shinobi who are keeping an eye out for you, anyhow, seeing how you were spotted by leaf-nin."

"Uh, thank you." I was expecting something more like, "that isn't my issue, yaada yadda, ya."

"We will have a doctor preform checkups on both you and the child regularly. Expect them," He then said something extremely strange; "Congratulations."

"T-Thank you." I said. Pain dismissed us, and we made our way back to the living area.

I let out a long sigh of relief, as did Itachi. I drop myself on the couch next to Deidara, and Itachi on, my other side.

"Deidara, remember when I took the tests a few days ago?" I ask him as I grab Itachi's hand.

"Yes, hm. Any good news?"

"I'm pregnant." I said simply.

Deidara's eyes widened and he jumped on me, embracing me in a tight hug, I hugged him back.

"Does that mean I'm going to be like the baby's uncle?"

A/N: abortion is a human right 🤍