Chapter Seventeen: Miracle or Misfortune?

"I have to kill you now." I smiled at her, and pushed my blade through her chest.

~~~

"Wait! Wait, wait, wait, wait!" I stop pushing my blade through her.

"Akira! What're you doing?" Deidara says as he rushes in front of me.

"Yes?" Why would Samichi be pleading as I'm nearly going to kill her?

"Take-take me with you! I'm strong, you saw that, right?! Please, don't kill me." I look over to Deidara with a look saying "What the hell do I do in this situation?"

"I don't know how the leader will feel about this, hm." I decided to bring her along. If Pain doesn't want her to join, he could easily kill her himself. As a precaution, I decide it's best to tie her hands up and snap a few fingers.

I pull the Cloud headband out of her purple hair and knot it tightly around her arms.

"Don't you think that's too far?" Deidara puts his hand on my arm. I look at him as if I'd just seen a ghost.

"We're taking a girl who we were  supposed to kill. What do you think?" He looks back at her, knowing I'm right. I pull Samichi off the ground, she grunts.

"Now, the week and a half it will take us to return, you will not be untied."

"What if I have to use the bathroom?"

"We'lll cross that bridge when we get to it." She made a dog-like growl at me, causing Deidara to snicker.

~~~

As we got closer to the base, I felt an overwhelming sense of both joy and nervousness. Joyed to see Itachi, nervous to see Pain. Well, his hologram.

I undo the knotted headband that's been on her wrists for probably far too long. She lets out a sigh of relief. Deidara draws a kunai and holds it to her neck.

Perhaps I'm too easily convinced. Why would I allow Samichi to follow me when I could have easily sliced her in two? Maybe she could be valuable to me.

~~~

"Deidara, leave." Pain's voice echoed through the empty cave.

I could have sworn he would use some kind of jutsu on me, and kill me right away, but he didn't. He told me to explain her abilities and I told him that her ability to move easy and my speed would work well together, since I already needed a partner. I was assigned to show her to her room, which I did. It's the one next to mine, unfortunately.