Chapter Fifty-Two: Without Sharingan

I leaned close to Itachi so Indira didn't hear and I said, "Come get me when you can realize how fucking stupid you're being." Shooting Itachi a sharp glare, I walked down the hallway and finally, the tears fell.

~~~

I locked the door to Itachi's and my shared bedroom and sat on the bed and cried for a few minutes before realizing something important.

Sure Itachi's my boyfriend whom I love very dearly, but he's not my whole world. I can go out there and discuss things with Sasuke like a regular adult and still not speak to Itachi. It's not impossible.

So, I do just that. I wipe the tears from my face and walk out of the bedroom and back up the hallway as if I wasn't distressed like a lost kitten.

The first thing I hear is Itachi and Sasuke discussing the information business. With my head held high, I clear my throat and get the brothers' attention. I picked up Indira and sat myself down in the spot.

"Sasuke, with all due respect to the Hokage, I'll be damned if I give the Hidden Leaf any information on the Akatsuki. I'm bound by my word and my own personal feelings." I know it's wrong for a shinobi to let emotions away them, but if you're going to break ninja rules by going rogue, why not go all the way?

"Akira, you're better than this. They're lowly miserable criminals. This is for Indira. Your own daughter, and my niece. This is the best way to go."

"Akira, he's right. This isn't for us. This is for Indira's sake." Itachi budded in.

"Itachi, shut up. I wasn't talking to you." Harsh, even for me. How can he be so dense? I'm not letting this go.

"I'll be staying here overnight. You have that long to decide." Sasuke said with a sigh.

"Don't you think you should ask me first?" I questioned.

"It's his mission, Love. He has to." I didn't reply to Itachi with anything but a grunt.

"Mama, you better be nicer to Papa." Indira climbed off of me and latched onto Itachi with a hug.

"Indira, this is grown-up business. You shouldn't put your nose in places it doesn't belong." I warned. I leaned into Itachi and gave Indira a kiss on her forehead. Indira replied by pouting and clutching Itachi's neck. I guess she's always been a daddy's girl.

"Sasuke, I guess it's fine if you stay here. We can discuss this later tonight, okay?"

"That's fine by me." He replied simply.  Something Sasuke's done since he was little was his being so straight forward and honest. A quality I don't have, but its a nice one. It suited him well.

Seeing as that was all for this meeting, I got up from my seat and headed outside to train. Before leaving, I saw Sasuke take a glance at me.

"Sasuke, join me?" I don't know what compelled me to invite him to do anything with me. Maybe it's because I haven't trained with him in years. Sasuke nodded and excused himself from Itachi and Indira.

"What'll we be doing?" I asked as we walked out of the back door and into the yard.

"What do you wanna see?" He replied. Naturally, seeing what I excel in, I'll ask to see his speed.

"Your reflex speed," I stretched my arms out and gotready for a challenge, then I remembered something. "Without the Sharingan." A tip: half of the battle is being aware of its existence.