Chapter Thirty-Three: Infiltration.

While Itachi was already laying down, I was finishing my nightly routine. When finished, I slid underneath the thick covers. When Itachi sensed my presence, he grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him, where I snuggled myself to him. The winter is cold, after all. I should keep warm.

~~~

Itachi and I woke up this morning to a loud crash. I opted to go out and check it out, but Itachi refused to let me. Apparently, it's a bunch of Hidden Leaf ninja. None that we're familiar with, thankfully. They're all Jōnin.

"I need you to stay in here. I don't want you or our baby to be hurt." Itachi said as he stood up from the small love-seat in the guest room.

My facial expression turned frantic. "What about you?" I grab his arm.

"I'm going to help take these Leaf nin out." I let go of Itachi's arm and make my way over to my bag, grabbing my sword from beside it.

"Then I will, too." Itachi reaches over and tries to grab my sword but I quickly pull it out of his reach.

"Akira. Don't do this to me." He pleaded.

"Itachi, I'm not letting you go alone!" I cried. Itachi walked toward me and placed a hand on my small belly.

"It's our job as parents to make sure our baby is safe. So if you're set on staying by my side then I will stay by yours." I furrowed my brow in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I dropped my sword on the bed.

"I will stay with you. I'll protect you both." A pink blush crawled onto my cheeks and I turned my head to face away from Itachi. Itachi placed his hand on my chin and forced me to look directly into his dark eyes. His facial expression showed no sign of any emotion, but to someone who is as close to him as I am, could read his eyes. Right now, they're filled with concern and worry.

"Thank you. I love you." I said quietly. Itachi smiled and kissed my forehead before sitting down at the sofa. I quickly joined him. Despite the relentless battling outside of the house, I couldn't hear anything except the words of Itachi as he spoke to me.

Suddenly, the bedroom door shot open to reveal two Hidden Leaf ninjas. I quickly grab my blade and pierce it through the gut of both of them.

"Some people have no respect for the privacy of others." I said as I placed my sword back on the  bed with a sigh.

___

After probably a half hour, the bedroom door creaked open to see Zetsu.

"They're dead and gone. Thanks for nothing." Ignoring Black Zetsu's remark, I walked up to him.

"Thank you. Was anyone harmed?"

"No one was badly injured." I nod and walk around him, Itachi following close behind me.

I enter the previously neat living room to see a bloodbath. Blood was splattered on the bookshelves, floor, walls, and furniture. Seven bodies lay dead on the ground along with a few broken puppets. Satori stood in the center of it all holding one of his arms. I was a little creeped out until I remember that he himself was a puppet.

"There you two are. Why didn't you help us take them out?" I rolled my eyes at the question and put a hand on my stomach.

"She's pregnant, Sasori." Itachi said what I didn't feel like saying.

"That explains her unusual stomach shape." He continued to mess with his arm until it clicked into place in it's joint.

"Are you calling me fat?" Inside rather loudly. He laughed at me.

"No, pregnancy is rather obvious in most people's body." He said cooly as he walked down the hallway toward his room with a smirk.

I hate men.