Chapter Thirty-Five: 5th Month

"I will. I need to change first." I smiled as I (almost creepily) watched Itachi remove his wet clothes and replace them with loose ones. Soon after, Itachi crawled into bed alongside me. I inched closer to him and pressed myself against his chest, begging for warmth. And when my eyes couldn't bear to be open, I fell asleep.

~~~

"If you two would like ultrasound photos, this is when you would be able to see the baby's hands and feet, starting the fifth month."

"Could we have some?" I asked as I sat up from the hospital bed.

"Of course. I'll be back." The doctor stepped out of the room. Itachi squeezed my hand and greeted me with a small smile.

"You're not nervous?" I asked.

"What's there to be nervous about?  You're healthy, the baby is healthy."

"You're right." I'm not usually such a nervous wreck as I am now.

The doctor soon came back to the room.

"Here are the ultrasound photos," He then handed me two and Itachi two. The photos brought tears to my eyes.

The child in these pictures is mine. I'm carrying Itachi's baby.

"If you have any questions, as usual, now would be the time to ask them." Itachi and I swapped glances.

"No, we're fine." The doctor nodded and stepped out. I stood up and looked to Itachi.

"Should we go now?" I asked. Itachi nodded and grabbed my hand. We walked around the base until we entered the living room.

I flopped down on the couch while the calm person Itachi is, sat down like a regular normal person.

"Itachi? Where is everyone else? Are they avoiding us?" I asked with hint of anger in my voice.

"Why would they be avoiding us? It's nine in the morning, Akira. They're probably asleep. The only person I can think would be awake right now is-" Itachi was interrupted by the shuffling feet of everone's favorite 90-year-old. Kakuzu!

"Hey, Kakuzu." I greeted the man. He only waved. What a downer. Kakuzu walked into the kitchen- that reminds me- I'm starving.

I got up as quickly as my belly would allow me and speed-walked to the kitchen.

Sushi? I can't even have that.

Pancakes? Not in the mood.

Bacon.. Yes.

I quickly turned the stove on, and threw a pan on it. Then, I grabbed a package of twelve pieces of bacon and put four on the pan.

Halfway through my cooking, I heard footsteps walking towards the kitchen, then the creak of somebody sitting at the dining table.

"Somethin' smells good! What's cookin'?" Hearing the voice, I quickly turned around and gave the man a violent look.

"This is my breakfast. Not you, not Itachi, no one else!" The man replied with a chuckle.

"Whatever, preggo. You'll still give me a piece." Preggo? Who does he think he is?! I replied with a growl.

When I finished cooking, I took the hottest piece of bacon and pressed it into his skin.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"My name isn't Preggo. It's Akira." I took my eleven pieces of bacon and made my way back to the living room and sat comfortably close to Itachi eating my bacon.

"What was Hidan making such a fuss about?" Itachi asked me.

"Why don't you tell him, Hidan?" Hidan stepped into the room.

"She fucking pressed hot bacon on my arm!" Itachi merely smirked at me.

"He called me Preggo. And asked if I was making him breakfast. No! I'm making myself food."