Chapter Fourty-One: Preferred Parent

It took a few days of planning, but in the end, we decided to send out one of Itachi's birds today carrying a note saying to meet Itachi just outside of the Hidden Leaf village in two days. Knowing Sasuke and his rash tendencies, he would no doubt try to kill Itachi. That's where I'd use my speed to stop whatever attack he'd been planning. We'd probably talk to Sasuke, and if he'd calmed himself down, we'd take him to see Indira. Maybe it'd help remove his locked view on revenge on Itachi. If this way didn't work, we'd have to go a more difficult route. 

But for now, until the crow gets back with a reply from Sasuke, Itachi and I have other things we need to do.

Currently, it's snack time for Indira.

"Why won't you eat? It's your favorite." I plead. Indira shook her head and pointed to Itachi who stood behind me.

"Papa, will this help me grow big and strong, and be a good ninja?" She whispered that like it was a secret. Itachi looked over at me, then to Indira.

"Well, it'll certainly help you grow strong because you're still small." He then handed Indira a handful of animal crackers, to which she finally obliged to eat. I let out a sigh of relief after she thanked Itachi and ate her snack.

Itachi and I sat at the kitchen table to make sure Indira ate. It sort of bothered me that Indira preferred her father over me. Itachi could tell that something had me upset and asked me what the matter was.

"N-nothing. It'll sound stupid." I blush as I watch Indira play with her animal crackers then push a couple into her mouth.

"You can tell me anything, Love. You won't sound stupid." Itachi said sweetly. He grabbed my hands and cupped them between his own. I hesitated for a second.

"Well, it just bothers me that- that Indira likes you more than me." I pouted and looked away from him. I could see from my peripheral vision that he stared blankly, then chuckled a bit.

"S- see? This is why I didn't want to say anything!" 

"It's not that, Akira. You're her mother. She loves us both equally." Before I had a chance to reply, Indira was calling for me. 

"Mama! I'm all finished my snack. Can I go play now? Oh! I wanna train with you!" My face instantly lit up. Finally, she wanted anything to do with me.

"O-okay, Indira. I'm coming." I slipped from Itachi's hands and picked Indira up, swinging her around for a second. She giggled. I ran down the hallway with Indira on my shoulders all the way down to her bedroom to change her clothes into those more comfortable for stamina training; my specialty.

--Third POV; Sasuke Uchiha--

Sasuke was sitting against his windowsill watching the villagers of Konoha when suddenly, a familiar black crow appeared. Taking a closer look, the bird had a scroll attached to its back. Not knowing what to expect, he collected a kunai and held it close by.

The bird landed next on the windowsill. Hesitantly, Sasuke pulled the scroll out from the bird's harness and began to read it.

Sasuke,
There are things I need to discuss with you. Don't bring anyone else and meet me outside of Konoha in two days, sunset.

The message wasn't signed, but he recognized the chakra of the bird and scroll's handwriting to be the same of Itachi Uchiha.

Sasuke held his left hand into a fist, likely piercing the skin on it, but threw the scroll into a trash bin. He grabbed a new one and hesitantly grabbed a brush and dipped it into ink.

Itachi,
I'll be there. Don't be late.