Chapter Forty: Little Prodigy

I woke up early with Itachi, who grabbed a few kunai and shuriken to train with. I had a few targets set out from when I trained here when I lived alone. I put on a t-shirt and a pair of tight-fitting pants, since its warm out. Itachi was ready and helped me get Indira out of her bed. She was, to no surprise, was already awake and had been playing with her sailboat toy on the floor.

"Indira, time to train." I sung as I entered her room with Itachi.

"Mama, look! The sailor is swimming with the Mermaid!" She then put the mermaid into the sailboat with the Sailor. I glanced back to Itachi to see he had a small smile curled up on his lips.

"I see! Sweetheart, it's time to get ready! Papa's gonna teach you some stuff." Her face seemed to light up at the mention of her precious father.

"Yay! I get to train with Papa!" She stood up and ran to Itachi, and proceeded to jump on to his leg and hug it.

"Calm down, little one. You just saw me last night." Itachi chuckled. She let go of her father, and I proceed to put her into some tight-fitting clothes to suit training. She seemed excited to go and train, luckily.

Itachi's POV

I walked to the backyard, multiple small weapons in hand. Akira sat on the back porch to watch and see how she progressed.

I stood behind her and straightened her small body into the correct position to throw a weapon and gave her the kunai.

"Don't get distracted, okay? You might hurt yourself. And don't touch this part," I pointed to the bladed part of the kunai. "Always hold on the handle." She quickly caught on and was holding the kunai properly. I glanced to Akira, who winked at me.

"I got it, right Papa?" She asked me.

"Yes, good job. Now, what you wanna do is aim at the center of that target right there. I pointed to a low target about 3 or 4 meters away. She nodded her head, and focused on the target. I held my breath as I watched the kunai shoot from her little hand and land in the middle of the target.

I was pretty surprised, and Akira and Indira were as well.

"Papa! I did it! Mama!" She jumped up and down, and Akira ran quickly down to me and our daughter. She picked her up and gave her a huge hug.

"You did it! I'm proud of you Baby!" Akira kissed her cheek, and I kissed Akira. She handed Indira to me and I kissed her on the cheek as well.

"I love you two." I said suddenly. I hadn't yet fully realized that, I had a family of my own, and my own brother hasn't been able to meet them as so.

"I know you do, Papa."

"I love you too, Itachi. Is something wrong?"

Akira's POV

Itachi had suddenly become really unfocused and seemed to be in his own world.

"I'll tell you about it once India's had her breakfast." I nodded my head and we headed inside. I gave Indira a bowl of cereal and sat her at the table and Itachi and I went into the living room to talk. I place my hands in his, and he eventually spoke up about his troubles.

"I've been thinking about what you said, about Sasuke, and I want to go through with it." I was really shocked; to say the least.

"Are you sure? Is this really what you want?" I squeezed his hand.

"Yes. I think Sasuke should know the truth, and perhaps meet his niece." I let go of Itachi's hand and wrapped him into a hug, as he hugged me back, I said something.

"I think that's a great idea."