Chapter Fifty-Four: Konoha

When I came to my senses, I gasped and cried, and cried, and cried. I pushed myself on Itachi and held on tightly.

"Shh, Akira. It'll be okay.."

~~~

My whole body felt heavy. All Itachi could do was hold me. I couldn't believe the words Sasuke spoke. My father was my biggest support when I was younger. My mother went on a mission when I was only five. She didn't come back for three years. Father supported me and encouraged me to keep on going without her. Now, I'm not there to see how my mom is.

A while later, I lifted my head off of Itachi. He looked sad for me.

"Itachi, what are we doing?" I asked him. I sat up completely.

"We can't keep hiding like this... It's pathetic, and not a worthy fate for you." I sniffled. Itachi wiped the tears from my face with faint confusion.

"What do you mean, Love?" I put my hand on the side of his face.

"Itachi, for all you've done for Konoha, they better let you stay there, with Indira!" I grabbed Itachi's hand and practically pulled him out into the living room. He hopelessly followed.

"I don't think this is a good idea, Akira..." Itachi tried to warn me.

"Look at us! We're weak! You practically fall apart when Sasuke comes around and there are plenty of flaws with me. Sasuke's nearly faster than me! That's embarrassing." I stopped rambling when we'd entered the room holding my lovely daughter and her uncle.

Sasuke looked rather confused by our sudden entry.

"Akira, I apologize for telling you those things earlier... I should have told you sooner."

"Don't apologize... It wasn't your fault," I smiled and nudged Itachi. "You're going to tell him." Itachi stared at me for a second before sighing and stepping closet to Sasuke. Indira was coloring on the floor next to him. I stood, arms crossed over my chest.

"Sasuke... You're going to take all three of us to Konoha and then to the Hokage. We leave tomorrow morning before sunrise." Itachi turned around and looked at me. He looked like a puppy seeking approval. I nodded and winked.

"Sasuke, if you'd be so kind to pack a bag for Indira." With that, Itachi and I left to pack our own things.

"That's the Itachi I love... People are supposed to be scared of you, not the other way around." I have Itachi a sly look.

~~~
(Time Skip: Konoha)

The trip was long enough. The process of actually getting past the gates was much tougher than we thought, but the fastest way to get the Hokage to trust us was definitely not breaking into the village.

I do remember years ago, when Sasuke was 12, Itachi and I were 19. Itachi and his partner, Kisame went to the Hidden Leaf during the Chūnin exams. When he came back to the Akatsuki hideout, he informed me of the third Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi's death at the hands of Orochimaru, one of the three Legendary Sannin. The Hokage spot was taken by Tsunade Senju. A name that I'd  recognized as another of the Sannin.

Indira lay over Itachi's shoulder, snoring soundly. The trip had taken a toll on her and she had become sleepy. I'd volunteered to hold her, but Itachi quickly picked the child up beforehand.

Sasuke hadn't said much aside from a small conversation of apologies we exchanged earlier.

"I'm sorry I had to be the one to tell you about your father... And in that way." Sasuke blurted out after many minutes of silent walking. I didn't reply for a moment.

"Sasuke... Please, no more apologizing. It isn't your fault. Don't dwell on it too much." I passed a small smile to Sasuke and to a worried Itachi whom eavesdropped.