Chapter Fourty-Three: Clash of the Uchiha: Fire Meets Ice

A/N: Above is Itachi's new "i am in fact, not in a criminal organization" outfit. ;)
___
After dinner, Itachi cleaned up for me while I put Indira to bed. She put up only a small fight, but soon she was out like a light. I walked back to our shared bedroom and layed on my side. Itachi soon slid underneath of the covers after changing into comfortable clothes for sleep. We mindlessly talked until I'd fallen asleep in his embrace.

"Don't worry, Itachi. We'll be fine. I promise. I love you."

"I hope you're right. I love you too.

~~~

There he stood: Sasuke Uchiha all grown up and protecting his village. He did indeed come alone, but no doubt wanted to kill Itachi at that moment. I stood far back and watching from a tree, like the last time we'd met. Sasuke has become far more powerful than our last meeting. I left Indira with a clone of Itachi at home. Sasuke could clearly sense both of our chakra and chose to ignore it, only focusing on his traitor of a brother.

"Sasuke... Thank you for meeting me here." Itachi stepped forward and Sasuke unsheathed his Katana.

"Tch. Tell me why you why you're meeting me here, Itachi Uchiha!" Sasuke lunged forward with his sword out to attack Itachi, but like I'd planned, I used my unreal speed to Interject and used my own blade to stop it. The two blades rubbed against each other like sandpaper.

"Akira Hattori." Sasuke gritted his teeth together. I merely smiled.

"Sasuke. It's good to see you again." I pulled my blade away and Sasuke lost his balance. I took this chance to push Sasuke to the ground.

"What the hell is Akira here for?" Sasuke practically spit my name out as he stood from the ground.

"Sasuke, Akira and I are together." Itachi said. Sasuke's eyes widened, but then his features softened into a smirk. I rolled my eyes while Itachi's face stayed content.

"Well, I guess I'll just kill you two together!" Sasuke once again unsheathed his Katana, and this time his sharingan was visible.

"Oh, for crying out loud, Sasuke. I wish you'd cut out all that emo trash-talk bullshit." I said as I urged for Itachi to somehow restrain him. When Itachi did so, he began to speak to his younger brother.

"Sasuke, this is a long-shot, I know, but I want you to push your hatred aside. There are things I need for you to know." I took the liberty to grab Sasuke's Katana and put it aside, along with mine. Although we could both still do jutsu, this symbolized a break of hate, even for a moment.

"What do you mean," Sasuke hissed. He looked at us both carefully. "Where the hell are your cloaks? The last I saw of her she had one on. Sake as you." Finally, he realized that we weren't wearing them.

"We're no longer a part of the Akatsuki," Itachi said. He let his brother go, but he didn't move. Something captivated him. 

"Why?" His voice has softened, like he was truly curious. Itachi didn't speak, and looked at me to do so for him.

"We couldn't be in an organization that would put her in danger," I let Sasuke take that in before he mumbled,

"Who is "she?"" He clenched his fists together. I walked toward Sasuke and grabbed Itachi's hand.

"She... has a name, It's Indira. She's our daughter and your niece." I hesitated to speak at first.

"That's ridiculous! Itachi killed our clan, why would such evil have a child?" There it was. Why Itachi was scared to talk to Sasuke. Itachi, probably one of the most feared ninja living, scared to talk to his brother.

So, Itachi explained the true reason why the clan was exterminated. Sasuke was fuming with sadness and rage.

"Why should I believe you?" He said, teeth clenched.

"You've suffered, Sasuke. I know better than anyone. You don't have to believe me, but I needed to tell you the truth. Because... I want you to meet Indira."