13 - Mint Explosion

Raine rested her head on the counter as she watched the cars passing by in a rush

Raine rested her head on the counter as she watched the cars passing by in a rush. It was past lunch and the cafe had slowed down significantly. Mike and Daisy were both bundled up in the kitchen inventing a new recipe to feature for the holidays. While they were bonding together, Raine volunteered to manage the register. The cafe was empty and the last customer had come about an hour ago. 

All of the tables were cleaned to perfection and the cafe looked spotless. Getting bored of standing behind the register, Raine had come up to the front of the cafe, sitting down in front of the window while watching the busy city pass by.

"Rainy! You have got to try this out!" Mike said as he bursted the door open and rushed to the front where Raine was sitting.

Lifting her head off the table, Raine turned to find Mike standing in front of her with a massive plate in his hands which held only one, green cookie in the center.

"Why is it green?" Raine asked frowning at the weird color.

"Oh my gosh Raine! It's a mint explosion cookie!" Mike stated as if it was the most obvious thing on the planet. "What do you want it to be? Purple?"

"Mint explosion?" She replied with confusion.

"Fine!" Mike said rolling his eyes. "In simple words it's a mint cookie but that's lame, so I'm calling it the mint explosion." He said with a proud grin on his face. "It took me and Daisy a whole two hours to make! Try it!" 

Skeptically, Raine lifted the tiny, bright green cookie off the tray and put it in her mouth. The pupils in her eyes widened as a burst of mint exploded in her mouth, sending chills through her body. He wasn't lying when he said it was a mint explosion.

"Wow. That really is a mint explosion, isn't it?" Raine said finishing the cookie with a smile.

"So did it pass?" Daisy asked, walking out from the kitchen and towards Mike and Raine.

"I think you can tone down the mint a tiny bit, but other than that, I think it will be a best seller during the holidays." 

"Perfect!" Mike and Daisy said in union. As soon as the word left their mouth, the both looked at each other smiling.

Raine smiled at them, trying to move away so that they could have their little moment to themselves. To her luck, just as she was trying to slip out from between them, the bell on the door rang.

Raine looked up to find Xavier standing in the doorway, removing the sunglasses off of his face, carefully placing them in the pocket of his suit. She looked at Mike and Daisy, who were still lost in each other's eyes. "I'll get it." Raine muttered, rushing to the register where Xavier stood patiently, his eyes trained on Raine the entire time.

"Hey." Raine said slyly as Xavier stood before her in a ravishing blue suit with a navy blue tie that complimented his bright blue eyes to perfection.