38 - Popsicles and Obstacles

"Wait right here, let me get you something to eat

"Wait right here, let me get you something to eat." Xavier said, pushing himself off the bed.

They had spent all day nuzzled up together in the comfort of blankets, as they watched Pixar movies and relaxed.

Raine was getting better but Xavier couldn't help but be cautious when it came to her. He had almost lost her once and he wasn't planning on taking any more risks.

"Wait, I wanna come too." Raine pouted.

"But Raine—"

"No" She whinned. "I've been in bed all day."

"Ok fine." Xavier gave in.

He walked around to Raine's side of the bed before pushing the blankets off her body and lifted her up into his arms, effortlessly.

"I can walk, you know?" Raine asked while blushing.

"I know." Xavier smirked. "But I like you in my arms better."

* * *

With her nested in his arms, Xavier gently climbed down the stairs, heading for the kitchen.

"What would you like to eat?" Xavier asked as he set her down on one of the bar stools. "I can send someone to get something for you, if you'd like."

"Something cold." Raine giggled as she watched Xavier shuffle around the kitchen as if it were some foreign place.

It wasn't hard to figure out that Xavier did not spend much of his time there. And how could he when he was so accustomed to drowning himself in the depths of his work? But at the same time, she knew that cooking was something he enjoyed.

"Something cold..." Xavier muttered as he opened the freezer, searching for something Raine would like.

Carefully, Raine climbed off the stool and grasped onto the marble countertops to guide her to Xavier as she took baby steps. Nudging Xavier to the side, she browsed through the freezer herself.

"Raine, you need to rest." Xavier insisted, immediately putting his arm around her waist to support her.

"Popsicles!" She suddenly cheered, pulling out a box of raspberry popsicles that were stashed in the corner of the freezer.

"Mr. Thorn, Ms. Woods, can I help you out with anything?"

They both turned around to find Maria, Xavier's housekeeper, standing behind them, waiting patiently.

"Yes, can you make Raine something to—" Xavier began, only to be cut off by Raine.

"Nothing!" Raine said. "We're fine here, thanks for asking though." Raine cut off, smiled politely at Maria who was waiting for Xavier's approval before she could leave.