Epilogue

As he looked into the future, a boy so young, the only thing he thought would ever matter was the brand of his shoes or the price of the watch that would rest on his wrist or even the value of his bank account

As he looked into the future, a boy so young, the only thing he thought would ever matter was the brand of his shoes or the price of the watch that would rest on his wrist or even the value of his bank account. But little did he know, that the only thing that would ever matter to him was the girl that lay between his arms, her hair spread out across his chest and her heart pressed against his own.

Raine was where his days began and where his nights ended. She was the smile that was always painted on his lips and she was the sparkle the appeared in his eyes. She was the thought that always consumed his mind and she was the beating heart the resided in his chest.

She was everything.

Her arms were wrapped around his body and her body moved softly with each breath she took, sleeping completely cluelessly while the morning sun slowly peaked above the horizon and shined light across the city.

Although he didn't want to, Xavier carefully unraveled her arms, making sure that he didn't awaken her in the process, and lifting her body off of his own, settled her on the bed. She snuggled into the pillow, hugging it as if she was hugging him, causing Xavier to smile. 

Shaking his head, he pulled the blankets around her, pressing a kiss to her forehead before slipping out of the room.

Today was the day and there was a lot that needed to be done.

It was the first time he would be celebrating anyone's birthday in years, and it was the most important one he'd ever celebrate.

Raine's birthday.

He had been prepping for the day for weeks now, making sure that it would be perfect for her. She deserved nothing less because she was perfection herself.

* * *

Petals of red roses were showered on Raine as soon as her eyes opened for the first time that morning.

Her lips tingling, knowing well that Xavier has savored them only a few moments before she had awoken. A bright smile was plastered on her face at the sight of red petals and the rosy fragrance that surrounded her.

Wrapping the sheets around her body, Raine got up looking around for Xavier whose ocean blue eyes were nowhere in sight. But despite that, she knew he was near because of the warm spice scent of his body wash in the air, that she had fallen in love with.

A blush covered her cheeks and a soft frown itched her forehead at the sight of the candlelit path that trailed from the tip of the bed and led out of the bedroom, adorned with rose petals sprinkled on the ground.

Shaking her head at Xavier's romantic ways, she bunched the sheet around her body and followed the roses down the hall, her eyes eagerly waiting to meet Xavier's ocean blue ones.

And just as she walked towards the top of the grand staircase, her eyes fell upon them. The eyes that searched for her at every moment in the day. The eyes in which she saw herself, her future, her life.