15 - Why Save Me?

Her heart was thumping against her ribcage as she walked to the large glass doors of Axel Industries

Her heart was thumping against her ribcage as she walked to the large glass doors of Axel Industries. After a long debate with herself last night, Raine had made up her mind. 

How long was she just going to survive on this planet? She wanted to live for once. And the only way of getting past the point of surviving and to the point of living, was if she had enough money to allow her to fulfill her dreams. And if not her own dreams, then at least her parents' dreams, who once had so much faith in her success. 

She had gotten her paper work together and called the office early in the morning to notify them that she would arrive for her first day of work. Though Xavier had told her not to, she was going against his word. 

Xavier. 

His name was enough to calm Raine's nervous heart. No matter what situation she would find herself in, she always felt safe with Xavier's presence. She was still unsure of how Xavier would react when he found out that she had gone against him for the job at Axel Industries. Anger would for sure be an understatement to describe his reaction. Though it caused her pain to put stress on their newly formed friendship, Raine knew the importance of this job. 

A friend like Xavier was what her heart needed, but the money the company was offering her was nonetheless important for her survival. With this tornado of thoughts in her mind, Raine pushed the heavy glass doors and made her way into Axel Industries. 

* * * 

"Hello. I'm here for my interview with Mr. Axel." Raine said to the lady behind the desk, her name tag reading Natalia Pierce. She looked nothing less then a model. Her tanned skin glowing under the bright lights around the room. Her blond hair flowed down her shoulders and was curled at the ends. Makeup caked her face and her tightly fitted blouse allowed her figure to be traced easily. 

"Raine Woods?" She asked, eyeing Raine from head to toe. Raine was dressed in her most formal clothing, a white lace top paired with a black midi shirk. However, compared to the lady in front of her, her outfit looked anything but formal. 

"Fifteenth floor, knock before you walk in." She said seeming uninterested.

Raine shrugged before smiling at her and walking towards the elevators. It wasn't long before the dinging noise ran through her ears and she stepped into the tiny room that would carry her to her new identity: John Axel's personal assistant. 

 Once the elevator stopped on the fifteenth floor, Raine stepped out, her hands beginning to get sweaty. She approached the large wooden door with Axel's name engraving in the wood. Lifting her petite hands, Raine made contact with the cool surface of the door, knocking it politely and waiting for approval to go inside. 

"Come in!" Said a male voice from the other side of the door. This was it.

Pushing any thoughts asides, Raine put up a confident smiles as she turned the handle on the door, walking inside the cabin of her future boss.