Chapter 85

Kaia woke up the next morning in a cold sweat and she saw that she was alone in bed but she heard laughter and conversation coming from down the hall. She glanced around and saw that her caftan wasn't on the floor where she left it. Instead it was over the couch that was in their room. She walked over to it and pulled it on and left the bedroom.

Once in the kitchen she found Katia, Liam and Zayn all standing around while the housekeeper made breakfast. She felt like she was in a fog.

Zayn saw her and smiled and went to her pulling her close to him and kissed her. "Good morning beautiful," he said.

"Good...good morning," she mumbled against his lips as he held her. "You...you weren't there when I woke up," she said and couldn't help but glance at Liam who was feeding her sister grapes.

"Sorry, baby," he said as he held her. "I got up early to work out with Liam."

Her eyes widened. "You and Liam....worked out?" She stammered.

He looked down at her. "Baby, are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine...sorry," she said. "I didn't sleep well last night," she said.

"Let's sit down and eat and then we can make our plans for the day," he said taking her hand and kissing it.

"Morning, sis," Katia said with a smile across the table.

"Morning," she responded and began to put food on her plate. She could feel Liam looking at her but she couldn't bring herself to look at him. She hated that she couldn't remember if what happened, happened.

"So what should we do today?" Liam asked.

"We could go to one of Kaia's favorite places."

"What's that?" Katia asked.

"The market in Marrakech," he said with a smirk. "Then you can see where she got everything for the house," he teased her.

"Funny, Malik," Kaia said as she began to eat. She couldn't even look Liam her sister or Zayn for that matter in the eye. She felt like she was going to burst into flames. She quickly finished her food and then put her plate in the sink. "I'm going to go get changed." She said and hurried out of the kitchen.

Katia watched her go and then looked at Zayn. "Is she alright?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "She seems a little off doesn't she." He said. He was usually able to read her pretty good, but he couldn't get a good read on her.

"Maybe a trip to the souk is what she needs." Liam said. "Spend some of the Malik fortune."

When they arrived at the market, the four of them began to wander and Kaia couldn't stop smiling. It was one of her favorite places.

Katia's eyes widened at the amount of things there. Lamps, fabrics, spices. She hurried to catch up with Zayn and put her arm in his. "I want to get my sister something special," she said quietly.

Zayn smiled. "I know just the place." He said. "Liam, make sure she doesn't wander off alone," he said with a smile.

"Of course," he said and watched his fiancé and soon to be brother in law scurry off. He turned to see Kaia looking at some scarves with gold coins sewn into them. He touched her arm and she jumped nearly a foot in the air. "Butterfly, what is it? What's wrong?" He asked. "You've been on edge all morning."

She looked up at him, biting her bottom lip. "I....I need to talk to you." She stammered.

He looked around and saw a small tea house and he pulled her inside and to the back where they were the only ones there.